To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

by eryk13 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:12 pm

If you're doing this to avoid legal action, I get it guys.

If you're doing this for any other reason, I can't begin to understand why or how you think your "plan" would work towards accomplishing the goal of official legacy servers. You need to articulate your points far, far better than you have in your post to bring the large majority of us to your understanding. All I'm reading is "feels," not logic.

Please rethink your position.

eryk13
Tester

by Jomanda » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Today, only 10% of the former Nostalrius players have generated a token to join Elysium, and we believe that we failed to satisfy this community entirely, as at the same time legacy fans acquired a reputation of “pirates” on the official WoW community.

So you claim that 90% of your former player base is not happy with how things are going right now before this announcement.
Then where is the outcry of that 90% on your own forums ?
Yes there is outcry from ppl who did not get the token generator to work but that is something you are not willing to see.
Pottu wrote:Don't let the tinfoil hat cut circulation to your head.
Jomanda
Tester

by Glimwow » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:13 pm

What a bunch of horse shit.
Glimwow
Private
Private

by MrCer » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:13 pm

This is the saddest thing I've read in a long time.

Blizzard will never release their own legacy servers until they are willing to admit their defeat. There's an incredible demand for legacy servers and they won't release their own servers until the numbers are over their head.
MrCer
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Asscastle » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:14 pm

It's all about the "legacy community" but fuck actually playing the game lmao. If you take away our 60s, you're going to drive us away. If new players catch wind of this event, they might be hesitant about playing a game where several days /played can go down the drain in an instant. The "legacy community" arose from people playing vanilla and not the other way around. There were private servers before Nost. The only way to influence Blizzard to make legacy servers (if that's what you honestly want, I don't) is if there are people actually playing vanilla. Any move that drives away players goes against your goal. The main reason there's only a 10% transfer rate is because you guys fucked up the token generation.

If Blizz has you by the balls, just come out and say it, you frog dipshits. I can't honestly believe that you think this move will be good for the legacy community.
Asscastle
Tester

by Diametra » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:14 pm

This doesn't even make sense. What exactly are you asking us to do, aside from watch our toons get deleted?

You say only 10% of people transferred. What difference does that make? If a larger portion of the created accounts transferred, it would become impossible to maintain. Notwithstanding the fact that of all those create accounts here, they weren't active in numbers much higher than the 10% either...were they?

You then go on to imply that Elysium represents a pirate server. SO if more people had transferred, would it be less pirate?

I understand you regret your decision now for whatever reasons you aren't saying, but asking this of Elysium is soooo over the top major mind fuck, you're going to regret this decision even more.

I can't help but have the opinion that you re fighting for relevancy, again...for whatever unspoken reason.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Killershama » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:14 pm

ummm the reunification idea worked. No offense but your token system failed. Go read all the forums and tweets about how your token system was not working, how your site crashed..

Maybe the token system wasn't promoted properly, or maybe people DIDNT REMEMBER THIER ACCOUNT INFORMATION. You made the players happy by doing this...... dont cause choas. I don't understand your logic here, unless someone is pulling ur strings.....

P.S Don't listen to Blizzard. Remember how they said they would get back to you and they didnt?
Killershama
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by lexluthor001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:16 pm

How much did blizzard pay you, you fucking sellouts.
lexluthor001
Tester

by Lokrosh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Stop trying to jew us out of our fun.

Lokrosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by elrim208 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm a strong advocate of official legacy servers. I don't want to play on a private server, but I have no choice. That said...

Give us some proof. If Blizzard is going to do anything (even in the distant future) then ANNOUNCE IT. There is 0 substance in this post. It just says, "hey give up everything you worked for and fight the good fight." While I'm more inclined to do this than most people here, it's not a very good incentive.

Nostalrius did and Elysium is doing a FANTASTIC job supporting the servers and the community. They have set the bar high, and if Blizzard will actually open up a vanilla server, they have a lot to live up to. Beyond just announcing a legacy server, I want to know that they are using these people as a resource because they know their shit. Either by hiring them or consulting them throughout the process.

I don't see anyone as the bad guy in this situation, but we're not on the same page. I understand why Blizzard doesn't like the situation the legacy servers are in at the moment, but holy shit do something positive about it for once. I still respect Nostalrius after this post, but unless something substantive comes out of this, then they are going to look far worse than anyone. I will stop playing on WoW private servers cold turkey if Blizzard announces a legit legacy server. The ball is in Blizzard's court now, not mine...
Last edited by elrim208 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elrim208
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements