Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by thiella » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:26 pm

SupaflyIRL wrote:
thiella wrote:If you need a script to que av in group than you do something that the rest users don't do it. You exploited av and the ban without notice is the proper way.

A non premade bg is refreshing at least. Many stopped playing bgs cause they found only premades against high level rank players.

yo retard you use the /cast script every time you hit one of your spells

get b& script kiddie

Because you have an IQ of a rock kiddie, most players don't use the /script JoinBattlefield(0,1) to join av
If you join av this way you cheat other players because you premade. Ok, kiddie or its really hard for you?
thiella
Sergeant
Sergeant

by retrikiller » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:22 am

Natla wrote:@Aslan To have custom rules in order to provide a more vanilla retail feeling is a thing, banning people without stating these custom rules is a completely different thing.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ allow cheating or riot ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
retrikiller
Tester

by Rackade » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:45 am

lol drama, best part of vanilla wow

im liking the implied "we quit if u dont unban" ultimatums, you won't quit because of this, and even you would, it's a shitty threat on a server with the population of a small country...

i think the staff members are doing their best with this server, sometimes they mess up though, overall they've done a great job... they're also still human like you and me, but unlike us they have to try and view things objectively, we can't. i don't think they intentionally tried to wreck you guys
so whether this was right or wrong, cut them some slack? give them some critique instead of this flaming back & forth, it isn't very constructive

seriously tho, good thread, fun read
who cares about a week ban, my work did that to me last week practically, i survived!
Rackade
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ravni » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 am

I distinctly remember SA's Goon Squad (Mal'Ganis US) demolishing people in AV with premade groups of 40 back in vanilla, and that was still happening even at the very end of vanilla during the pre-BC talent patch. If you are going to ban people for activity that was perfectly normal during vanilla retail you could at least have the courtesy to warn the playerbase of your policies beforehand.

Besides which, if something as simple as AV can't be scripted even close to properly (much worse than other private servers), I can't imagine AQ40 or Naxx are going to be an enjoyable raiding experience upon release.

This is also a pretty strong discouragement for playtesters to bother helping the dev team. Aside from ignoring bug reports and releasing content that is totally unready, potential testers also have the prospect of being blamed for non-exploits.

For example: back in retail vanilla it was a perfectly acceptable tactic to have most of your raid stand behind Nefarian's throne to avoid the raid-wide shadow flame going into phase 2. I can just see entire guilds getting banned for this and then being blamed by the devs for not reporting such an obvious exploit during testing.
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Daxtar » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:59 am

i have split feelings about this. On one hand, i'm happy we had some actions towards the premades getting a little punishment. on the other, this was totally acceptable on retail. However, what i dont like, is only very few players were given access to test this big content. If you want some proper testing, stop giving access to that few guilds, and let anyone who has a level 60 eligible of joining the test servers. You would get much better feedback, get a better perspective of what's happening as guilds wont keep secrets of possible exploits.

I think you can learn from this nostalrius staff, at least i hope you do.

Oh and btw. Please fix vanndar / drek encounters. They are a total joke. Exploit pulls are happening so you can skip all bunkers/towers and rush... This was definitely not possible in original vanilla. Av's last about 20 mins max, not the intended 3 days. I'm looking forward for some fixes, and would also like to know the exact number of wolves and ram hides needed on turn in, to summon cavalry. we were 5 people farming rams, turning in 50, and about 50 wolves, still no cavalry :/
Daxtar
Private
Private

by neskyshadow » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:10 am

the state of av is 2 lokholar the ice lords in 1 match guarding dun baldar bridge.
Spiral Legacy
neskyshadow
Grunt
Grunt

by dj33mi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:39 am

u cant be 100% blizzlike in 2015 when tons of stuff added for UI, scripting and group playing. 10years ago ppl didnt premade that much so it didnt need so much attention. after 10 years of wow experience of course players improved and found all tricks and stuff to make their game and their group be better. just compare ur PC from 2005 to the PC u have today or the soft u are using now.
nostalrius GMs and devs are trying to keep it as blizzlike as they can but for sure they wont be able to make it 100% of how it was on retail. and i doubt u can find a vanilla server "more blizzlike" than this and with so high population.
stop crying , is just a week of ban, u knew that if using a script was the only way to que as a group so its a trick to cheat normal way of queing; u want blizzlike experience but u wana use scripts to cheat
dj33mi
Private
Private

by nervous » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:57 am

dj33mi wrote:u cant be 100% blizzlike in 2015 when tons of stuff added for UI, scripting and group playing. 10years ago ppl didnt premade that much so it didnt need so much attention. after 10 years of wow experience of course players improved and found all tricks and stuff to make their game and their group be better. just compare ur PC from 2005 to the PC u have today or the soft u are using now.
nostalrius GMs and devs are trying to keep it as blizzlike as they can but for sure they wont be able to make it 100% of how it was on retail. and i doubt u can find a vanilla server "more blizzlike" than this and with so high population.
stop crying , is just a week of ban, u knew that if using a script was the only way to que as a group so its a trick to cheat normal way of queing; u want blizzlike experience but u wana use scripts to cheat

There's already plenty of evidence that group queueing was available and legal for alterac valley during Pre-TBC, so technically they are getting a "blizzlike experience" by group queueing. Should people be banned for using supermacro, an addon that introduces API like mouseover casting and several other features that were not available in vanilla?
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dreez » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 am

nervous wrote:There's already plenty of evidence that group queueing was available and legal for alterac valley during Pre-TBC, so technically they are getting a "blizzlike experience" by group queueing. Should people be banned for using supermacro, an addon that introduces API like mouseover casting and several other features that were not available in vanilla?

A lot apparently didn't get the point...
exploiting = abusing a bug to your own advantage
staff counts group queuing as a bug --> bans for exploiting

it doesn't matter whether it's done through an addon, through manually typing in a script or through whatever. As long as the staff counts group queuing as a non intended bug, the players abusing it were exploiting

banning for that however in my opinion only is reasonable if a malicious intent is proven, which none of the non-involved players can judge.
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by belev » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:00 pm

It is arguable if the JoinBattlefield option for AV is players exploit or admins error.
Joining as party is added to AV in patch 2.4 so I presume before that it was not possible.
There wasn't obviously a prevention feature on the server, but that does not in any case mean players are allowed to exploit it.

If there is no police around, do you go out shooting anyone you meet?

Now on the punishment debate, ban is a bit too harsh. I would personally strip all honor and remove all items acquired by AV honor, but then again, it's not the players decision what the rules are.
belev
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements