Message to the private servers community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Message to the private servers community

by PageGaming » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:04 am

Great day, sadly I had to read about everything at work and couldn't contribute!

1. Kind of funny how people think the server is being delayed because of a video. If I thought that I would go learn video editing right now! Obviously it's just something the dev team doesn't have a person for though and they'd love to cross it off the list.

2. So happy to see them slowroll this. It will allow people to setup Guilds, spread the word (with actual proof this time!), or even get time off work if they want. It's also obvious that improvements to the PvP server are ongoing, devs can't just drop everything for the PvE server.

3. I like the queue. It will keep things in check for the leveling experience, which otherwise will be hell on earth. I assume it will be lifted later on, especially with the reveal that the PvP server can now handle a huge load with little lag. Although some kind of queue seems good, otherwise farming herbs/ore/etc. will be awkward as it is on the PvP server. It's not as if this is a pure NA/EU/Asia server so I don't anticipate the queue wrecking raiders.

Keep up the great work guys!
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Snootles » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:18 pm

a new server would benefit the community greatly. Lots of people that i have seen on reddit and other social media are intrigued and very receptive on the idea of a new strictly PvE realm. In my opinion, having the 30 min login time to show support for the new realm was a success, and that's only a small percentage of players that were able to log in, if i were a PvPer id rather have a PvE server, so that i would feel more challenged and have a better experience with other PvPers. After its all said and done, its up to nos anyways, our input even though appreciated isn't im sure the only requirement into releasing a new server, plus i dont see why its a bad thing to split what people want to play unless people are scared they cant camp STV corpses lol.
Snootles
Tester

by Elliane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Karrier wrote:Almost the only good thing about this server is its population, and you want to cut it.

As it was already stated, 1-2 years from now you'll have 2 dead realms instead a decent one.

You are listening to "people who wont roll on a pvp server cause they get ganked constantly" .
Those ppl gonna quit soon anyway, they are not solid wowers, if u liked vanilla u would already be on this pvp server - even if u need to do some corpse runs to get to 60

Younie wrote:The situation won't change much in the clsoe future.
But look at long term. Do you really think the server population will remain as huge in the upcoming years?
What will happen when the server hype goes down ... Nostal global population (with 1 or several realms) will eventually lower and it's at that point that having the population spread will really damage the global vanilla community.
Just look at what happened to feenix. If they had only one realm when the population started going down, it wouldn't have died as it did.

qft
Elliane
Tester

by Archona » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Elliane wrote:
Karrier wrote:Almost the only good thing about this server is its population, and you want to cut it.

As it was already stated, 1-2 years from now you'll have 2 dead realms instead a decent one.

You are listening to "people who wont roll on a pvp server cause they get ganked constantly" .
Those ppl gonna quit soon anyway, they are not solid wowers, if u liked vanilla u would already be on this pvp server - even if u need to do some corpse runs to get to 60

Younie wrote:The situation won't change much in the clsoe future.
But look at long term. Do you really think the server population will remain as huge in the upcoming years?
What will happen when the server hype goes down ... Nostal global population (with 1 or several realms) will eventually lower and it's at that point that having the population spread will really damage the global vanilla community.
Just look at what happened to feenix. If they had only one realm when the population started going down, it wouldn't have died as it did.

qft

More along the lines of "If you reduce the population, we won't have as many people to be a douche to. *insert your tears here*"

A PVE server is EXACTLY what is needed.
Archona
Private
Private

by roland79 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:44 pm

PageGaming wrote:Great day, sadly I had to read about everything at work and couldn't contribute!

1. Kind of funny how people think the server is being delayed because of a video. If I thought that I would go learn video editing right now! Obviously it's just something the dev team doesn't have a person for though and they'd love to cross it off the list.

2. So happy to see them slowroll this. It will allow people to setup Guilds, spread the word (with actual proof this time!), or even get time off work if they want. It's also obvious that improvements to the PvP server are ongoing, devs can't just drop everything for the PvE server.

3. I like the queue. It will keep things in check for the leveling experience, which otherwise will be hell on earth. I assume it will be lifted later on, especially with the reveal that the PvP server can now handle a huge load with little lag. Although some kind of queue seems good, otherwise farming herbs/ore/etc. will be awkward as it is on the PvP server. It's not as if this is a pure NA/EU/Asia server so I don't anticipate the queue wrecking raiders.

Keep up the great work guys!

1. I like videos too bad they have trouble to make one

2. 100% Agreed, better experience for all

3. 25% Agree,

The numbers that were given show the PvE server having double the prospects of the PvP server in terms of intial interest.

With a Que at a low 2500 the server stands to lose potientially thousands of players.

Bc who wants to sit in a 2-5k que?

Esp if you disconnect
roland79
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Niko » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Off-topic.
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Harren » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:45 am

I personally think the 2.5 queue will be increased in time. They wont risk a couple of hundreds or thousands people waiting endlessly, their hardware can hold much more.

Anyway do you guys know, where the server will be placed ?
Harren
Grunt
Grunt

by gaminggeek2015 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm new here, can someone save me the 158 pages of reading and advise: was a PvE server definitely set to be released and if so, when?

I'd love to play Vanilla WoW but I both suck at and hate PvP. I'd roll on a PvP server if there was some fair system to it, i.e. level 60s couldn't corpse camp/gank level 20s for example, but as it is, grey killing isn't fun at all, for the lowbie who log on to play and spent 90% of their questing time as a ghost/wisp.

I'd love to roll PvE, as and when you get it.
gaminggeek2015
Private
Private

by Pottu » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:59 pm

A PvE server is coming.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Guybrush » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Pottu wrote:A PvE server is coming.