A powerful portal...

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: A powerful portal...

by Bazinga » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:09 pm

i guess you are all wrong..

there will never be a PvE server nor continental teleportation nor new battlegrounds
this new invention will teleport players into another dimension which is the PvE Dimension

there where clear signs as you can see here

multiverse hype :D
Bazinga
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Honeyhash » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Bazinga wrote:i guess you are all wrong..

there will never be a PvE server nor continental teleportation nor new battlegrounds
this new invention will teleport players into another dimension which is the PvE Dimension

there where clear signs as you can see here

multiverse hype :D

No.
This is related to the map/grid system and just a result of performance increases.
Check this out https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... game/Grids
It's for 6.x but nearly the same than in vanilla
Honeyhash
Private
Private

by Bazinga » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Honeyhash wrote:No.
This is related to the map/grid system....

the grid system checks where u are and shows the stuff in your grid. if this would be related to it the nodes/mobs would just vanish without showing up complete new nodes/mobs

Honeyhash wrote:Check this out https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityC ... game/Grids
It's for 6.x but nearly the same than in vanilla

isnt this server using mangos?
https://github.com/cmangos/mangos-classic/blob/master/src/game/GridMap.cpp
Bazinga
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kindri » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:58 pm

It's definitely not going to be an in-game portal to the pve realm, as they've stated it's going to be a new fresh start server. I am starting to think it's related though - they've locked the pve server announcement thread and the release date thread in the pve subforum, and this Kryll stuff lines up with their vague announcements regarding the server.

My guess is that in an attempt to create a transporter, something goes wrong (goblin engineering after all) and he inadvertently creates a new dimension (PVE server) and this is just some sort of weird event to announce the server and not an actual in-game teleport or something.

Maybe that's a stretch but this Kryll stuff is weird either way. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
kindri
Private
Private

by Ziphr » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 pm

biggest world pvp event in history
and then kryll blows himself up on accident
Ziphr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Please dont be something non-blizzlike.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Orc_Hunter » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:32 pm

kindri wrote:It's definitely not going to be an in-game portal to the pve realm, as they've stated it's going to be a new fresh start server. I am starting to think it's related though - they've locked the pve server announcement thread and the release date thread in the pve subforum, and this Kryll stuff lines up with their vague announcements regarding the server.

My guess is that in an attempt to create a transporter, something goes wrong (goblin engineering after all) and he inadvertently creates a new dimension (PVE server) and this is just some sort of weird event to announce the server and not an actual in-game teleport or something.

Maybe that's a stretch but this Kryll stuff is weird either way. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Though it would be an odd way to launch the PvE server, I guess it's possible. I'm very eager to see what the hell this Kryll thing ends up being.
Orc_Hunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by squibble » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Kryll's invention is just going to be an interesting rp explanation for how Nost is going to implement 16 debuff slots for enemies etc. Screencap this :lol:
squibble
Private
Private

by Fafniel1 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Interesting, I bet it also has something to do with American police interactions with women driving their motor vehicles.
Fafniel1
Grunt
Grunt

by Oyani » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:50 pm

muh nostalgia! you're hurting it :(
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements