Situation update - 1st May 2016

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Situation update - 1st May 2016

by Oberion » Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Kikeron wrote:People need so hard to believe that story.... I really feel sorry for some. :(

Might be that we're not all cynical and jumping to conclusions based on no facts or details whatsoever. All they've announced so far is that their A) not releasing the code (which I understand because you don't kick people in the nuts before you go into a serious meeting with them) and B) That they've released a replay thing so that people can at least relive some good times.

All we can do is have the whiners be quiet, and wait to see how the meetings go like civil, patient adults. If what people are speculating comes to pass, then they can get upset.
Oberion
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

satansdildo wrote:
Noxm wrote:
satansdildo wrote:i figured it out becuase im a genius lol
how to use the cool new thing:

download zip and drag all files to WTF folder in ur wow folder
set realmlist 127.0.0.1
drag ur addons folder to ur desktop or something
launch memories.jar
launch wow.exe
login
go on character
click load memory and pick what u want

ok lol here u go just do it and hope u dont get disconnected

I dont understand how to laucnh memories.jar (its open winrar)

it wont run till u extract it and u might need to right click it and hit open

also u might need to download a java update and do right click -> open with -> find java binary

still doesn't work even extracted , it show "cmd" prompt window that load file and close within 1 second.

realmlist also disconnect.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Noxm » Sun May 01, 2016 5:53 pm

@satansdildo 140 IQ please make tutorial when dont have all this IQ, thanks
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by mrmr » Sun May 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun May 01, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by extery » Sun May 01, 2016 5:55 pm

In order to run the memories.jar you need to have Java JRE or the JDK installed in order to run the .jar as an application.

Im still having problems with disconnects while trying to load a 'memory' not sure why
extery
Tester

by ekajs0n » Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 pm

extery wrote:Im still having problems with disconnects while trying to load a 'memory' not sure why

Same, every time I get disconnected, loaded Duskwood once and it ran for 30 seconds though everyone was "unknown" :(
Last edited by ekajs0n on Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ekajs0n
Tester

by Jawohl » Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Come on! Fuck sake guys, you are being so unaware of the bigger scene here it makes me throw up...

What did they lie about? This project got a death penalty, it was not as in normal case where you can just transfer the server to a new host. They gave you hope for that they would release the code for other projects to use so that the emulator scene would progress forward.

Then there was a petition and major Sosial media havoc going on about the whole incident.
250K people, Mark Kern, Sodapoppin, Kungen, Streamers, Youtube... Everything changed.
Blizzard could not ignore this all, and there was an reply to the matter.

THINGS EVOLVE, and SITUATION CHANGES.

Its not the RIGHT approach NOW, when we actually have an open negotiation about Legacy server to show your hand ( source code ) or intimidate/taunt your negotiation partner. We are taking MAJOR steps forward, and it requires cautious approach.

YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR, TOWARDS Nostalrius by blaming them for Sell-Out and what ever bullshit you troll idiots are throwing up in the air. We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!!
Last edited by Pottu on Sun May 01, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote
Jawohl
Sergeant
Sergeant

by halbtroll » Sun May 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Everytime i try to load a reply, i get into loading screen and after that disconnect.
halbtroll
Private
Private

by AiinzOuroGoon » Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 pm

kott0n wrote:
Robotron wrote:They brought them to Cali so they wouldn't release the source code, jokes on them.

My thoughts exactly...why else would they agree to meet, given that they consistently and profusely rule out creating a legacy server of their own or letting Nost operate theirs under an official licence? (as well as coming up with the "pristine server" idea which they know we all know is clearly a rushed idea that none of us want)

While I do hope that something good happens from it, my gut feeling is that they'll just confiscate the source/data or drag things along to keep it all unreleased until the community has dispersed into the other private servers and the whole issue just goes away.
Last edited by AiinzOuroGoon on Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AiinzOuroGoon
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 pm

extery wrote:In order to run the memories.jar you need to have Java JRE or the JDK installed in order to run the .jar as an application.

Im still having problems with disconnects while trying to load a 'memory' not sure why

i have java jre and when i try to open with java.exe it shows some random cmd message that closes in 1 second , also it doesn't login in wow.exe using the realmlist.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements