Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by impossible » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Dreez wrote:The API function for sure was not left in place on purpose if they are now banning for it, making it an oversight.
From the staff's PoV the game mechanics were abused to gain an unfair advantage because they didn't intend it to work this way.

Are bans for abusing it justified? Questionable, they never specifically pointed out that it is only allowed to soloqueue AV.
I don't know what happened on the PTR or in what way the queue system has been tested. The only way bans are fully justified is if the testing players queued as group, using that API function (used by the lazypig addon) with the intent of finding a way to queue as group, then intentionally hiding this information from the developers to be able to abuse it on the live servers.

Regarding the "everyone can premade" argument: Yes, everyone can premade, however most premades are dodging premade vs. premade fights because they are not efficient in terms of honor farming. Also gl finding players willing to actually fight, especially if you are not rank 9+ already.

Then they should've told them to stop doing what they were doing, right? Instead of banning just like that. Their stance is too aggressive and they aren't educated on the matter which causes them to make mistakes. This is not the first time they have done this.

Regarding ptr and reports being sent in, the communication between the developers and the testers themselves is fairly weak. I will not elaborate any further than that; you can trust me or not, your choice.

Regarding NOPE and dodging, a zero tolerance policy is held. I don't know what other premades are doing but it's not acceptable within the guild.
impossible
Grunt
Grunt

by brendanv » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Awkwardlol wrote:I hope this will stop the thousands of sheep finally. Step up your game or lose a bunch of players.

this server is incredibly overpopulated, that would be a welcome circumstance
brendanv
Grunt
Grunt

by Ultima » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 pm

impossible wrote:Then they should've told them to stop doing what they were doing, right? Instead of banning just like that. Their stance is too aggressive and they aren't educated on the matter which causes them to make mistakes. This is not the first time they have done this.

+1 also, how should ppl figure out that this is forbidden since it's the regular way for 10 years. its the same like safespotting. they didnt just start banning, they gave a statement to the community and ppl stopped it
Ultima
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Plask » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:43 pm

brendanv wrote:
Awkwardlol wrote:I hope this will stop the thousands of sheep finally. Step up your game or lose a bunch of players.

"Thousands". Majority of players don't multiqueue AV with shady methods, they just queue normally. If anything I think the players doing AV normally are happy that the people using the script got a warning with the 1 week suspension.

If players can't deal with consequences from abusing they are more then welcome to leave I'd say.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Awkwardlol » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:11 pm

Plask wrote:
brendanv wrote:

"Thousands". Majority of players don't multiqueue AV with shady methods, they just queue normally. If anything I think the players doing AV normally are happy that the people using the script got a warning with the 1 week suspension.

If players can't deal with consequences from abusing they are more then welcome to leave I'd say.

I don't think you even understood the post. The reason that LazyPig even works for queueing as a Group on Nostalrius is because Nostalrius has yet to fix the issue in the Battleground Handler, as i already mentioned, this can be fixed very easily, it's kind of concerning that it's not done already, fixing and applying it to Live would take less then 10minutes.

Which leads to the next question: Why? Maybe it's because they actually don't understand how it even works to begin with. (It's quite clearly shown by the amazing scripts and dongeons we have with countless of issues from the actual "Blizzlike" state that they so claim).

Edit: I forgot to mention, considering this is a massive exploit (Nostalrius's words) you'd think they would take the time to fix it within the first hour of release considering they knew about it then. Sadly that isn't reality.
Awkwardlol
Sergeant
Sergeant

by crime » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:00 pm

People need to take responsibility for there actions and stop QQ"ing that its unfair. They were doing something that's a 'work around' for whats intended and you all knew it. It doesnt matter that it was possible to do it, taking advantage of a bug is a bannable offense and any player with half a brain knows this was not intended.

TDLR: You all knew what you were doing was bannable yet you chose to do it anyway, be angry at yourself and your raid leaders for allowing you to be stupid enough to get banned.
crime
Grunt
Grunt

by twothousandk » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:27 pm

Very good work and keep doing the nice job you guys are doeing!
twothousandk
Private
Private

by Fainaru_Furasshu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Thanks for banning those hackers! Keep up the good work! You are officially upvoted good sirs!!!!
Fainaru_Furasshu
Private
Private

by Arcenius » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Rekt in the rektum!
Arcenius
Grunt
Grunt

by macu67 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Good job, ban'em all!