Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by mystgunner » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:07 pm

I love this server and I appreciate the devs hard work to make this place a reality, however the events of the past few days have been mildly disturbing. I have the luxury of a neutral position here in that I have no reason to support either side, but I have never in my time on retail or private servers heard of anyone getting banned for group queing a bg. Never even a warning for such a thing. On top of this the staff seems to have made an accusation without any proof, and all the evidence points to the fact that the accusation is completely unfounded anyways. It shows a lack of sophistication in addressing the players and, from my point of view, a real animosity and anger towards certain people that play here. I'm not sure where this anger comes from exactly but that's what I sense. These bans seem totally uncalled for and they cast a shadow over the future of the server - that such an action would warrant a ban makes me ponder what's really going on here. I would hope this is just a misunderstanding on both sides and we can carry on without any grudges but it's still upsetting to see this happen.
mystgunner
Grunt
Grunt

by Zygoth » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 pm

People keep saying that there is all this evidence that this was possible during retail, but what evidence, exactly? I played a crap ton of AV during retail, and I've never seen such a thing.
Zygoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Acidx » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Zygoth wrote:People keep saying that there is all this evidence that this was possible during retail, but what evidence, exactly? I played a crap ton of AV during retail, and I've never seen such a thing.

Sounds like nobody wanted you in their premade AV, sucks to suck bud
Acidx
Grunt
Grunt

by Zygoth » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Acidx wrote:Sounds like nobody wanted you in their premade AV, sucks to suck bud

So no evidence then?
Zygoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Glenzig » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Why are people freaking out so hard over this? It isn't a permenent ban. Its a 1 week suspension. They aren't even doing blanket suspensions, they are suspending specific people who, according to them, should have known better. Wait a week and it will all be back to normal.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohhgee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Zygoth wrote:
Acidx wrote:Sounds like nobody wanted you in their premade AV, sucks to suck bud

So no evidence then?
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16731

First post in that thread explains everything.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by norm964bgb » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:27 am

Glenzig wrote:Why are people freaking out so hard over this? It isn't a permenent ban. Its a 1 week suspension. They aren't even doing blanket suspensions, they are suspending specific people who, according to them, should have known better. Wait a week and it will all be back to normal.

It's not about the actual bantime. It's about the message the give to the players. They ban for stuff that was clearly possible and allowed on retail. Therefore they wander off the path retail took, making it not blizzlike.
If they make it nonblizzlike the banned players are fine with it. But in this case, the GMs and staff have to express themselves. How can people know that its forbidden when such actions were considered legit.
What if other random shit like resetinstances with script are forbidden too? How can you possibly tell. After all its hidden in the .lua as well.
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:53 am

It sounds like they are sending the message that they don't want people exploiting. Pretty easy stance to understand. One week suspension for using an exploit is pretty light.
You know every private server gets to decide whether or not they will allow certain things that were allowed on live servers. It's their call.
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Stalk » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 am

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_JoinBattlefield?oldid=184010 wrote:Queue as a group if the battleground will allow it, which is currently everything except Alterac Valley.

To everyone referencing API JoinBattlefield Wiki...
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ultima » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:08 am

Stalk wrote:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_JoinBattlefield?oldid=184010 wrote:Queue as a group if the battleground will allow it, which is currently everything except Alterac Valley.

To everyone referencing API JoinBattlefield Wiki...

u got this in the wrong context, every programmer can confirm
Ultima
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements