Situation update - 1st May 2016

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Situation update - 1st May 2016

by Leahs » Sun May 01, 2016 6:19 pm

Kikeron wrote:Really? What changed? I don't know what other do, but I will not ACCUSE them for wanting to make money. But I think this post i BS. They do the best for them and this is fair. My opinion is that they will either sell the code (so releasing it will be unacceptable) or work for Blizzard. And I am happy for them. But no more BS because there will be no servers as we want them to be. They will be either pristine-like (current game mechanics minus heirlooms) or something like that.

Jawohl just explained it... Many things changed and it got a lot of attention to push forward for legacy servers.
Leahs
Grunt
Grunt

by Oberion » Sun May 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Kikeron wrote:Really? What changed?.

Might have something to do with the fact that since they announced that they would release the code (I believe that was in the initial shutdown announcement?) they have since been talking back and forth with Blizzard, and are even going into a meeting with them. Releasing the code now would be a giant "Screw you" to Blizz, and fact of the matter is that is NOT something you do when going to a meeting with someone else.

Mark Kern on Twitter put it fairly well. "It would be a very bad thing for them to release the source. Blizzard would probably cancel the meeting."
Oberion
Tester

by Westorz » Sun May 01, 2016 6:24 pm

I don't know about Kazzak screaming like a raped goat but cool idea.
Westorz
Tester

by Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr » Sun May 01, 2016 6:26 pm

-Snipped-
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grunt
Grunt

by mrmr » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insults, nonsense
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kikeron » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 pm

So the big announcements after the weekend was "we won' t release the code". So you believe that they haven't contacted Blizzard yet. And it is a coincidence that they realize it is a bad idea to release the code the weekend they promised "important announcements".
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by theluda » Sun May 01, 2016 6:41 pm

mrmr wrote:I'm 100% sure that if blizzard is going forward with "legacy" servers they won't be using MaNGOS at all...
...why would they? MaNGOS is crap anyway, isn't it?

The funny part is that Nostalrius actually is not more than the current baseline MaNGOS with a few database fixes and scripts.

Anti cheat is most likely basically the official Warden patch for MaNGOS which from looking at the people banned triggers at exact the same points where the one on github does.

And yes, original MaNGOS can hold thousands of players. Even 10k. It has been done, it has been tested. It's not a Nostalrius feature.

The real disappointment here is... you're all being sold out. Want to bet on it?
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sharax » Sun May 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Look guys... the "release the code" bit for "educational purposes" was always about a negotiating chip with Blizzard so Nost can push their agenda. So, what happens! The so-called "pirate server" now has a seat at he table with Blizzard to hopefully get officially supported legacy servers.

I think that is a win. I always prefered to have Blizzard supported legacy servers. Your "journey" would be preserved without risk of beng lost (due to shutdown or private server admin wanting to move on).

Maybe some of you prefer private servers catering to our community instead. That's fine. I think Nost running the server in France and shutting down when Bliz said "boo" kinda told me that they wanted to make a big splash to eventually reach this stage and see how Blizzard reacts to the pressure. Nost seems to prefer Blizzard supported servers. It's their choice and many of us support that. Understandably, some do not.

Now that we are at this stage, it would be complete stupidity for Nost to release the code. That would kill their ability to negotiate getting Blizzard to supprt legacy.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Sun May 01, 2016 6:43 pm

to all the scumbags who wanted to profit on the work of others for their "last minute private server release".

get rekt scumbags.

and for all the QQ about "without mangos, you wouldn't have Nostalrius"

pftt.. bitch without WoW you wouldn't even have a life..

REKTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

+1 Nost team and make the nightmare of private servers go away. official legacy servers please!

#ripcorecraftlols
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by HeroinFan » Sun May 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
HeroinFan
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements