Dire Maul release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dire Maul release

by Mryul » Fri May 29, 2015 4:45 am

Thank you so much staff at Nostalrius. I think the timeline we have now is perfectly fine. I'm perfectly content with it. (yes i raid MC too)

I'm having a lot of fun here and expect to do so for years. Don't take the haters to heart. Keep up the great work!
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Astixium » Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 am

Great job Nost, keep it up! Can't wait for AV now. ^^
Astixium - Level 60 Undead Mage.
Class Leader of <Purge>.
Astixium
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Badtank » Fri May 29, 2015 5:53 am

Criticism wrote:
snowtime wrote:Will DM have the same loot table in 1.12 or is the DM loot table completely different in 1.4?.

I coulda answered that for ya snow, it's 1.3 DM, some items are different, not sure if shits missing, i just know the tank shit for example has more def on it.

That's because the defense nerf on items was in 1.10 I believe, and that was on a lot more then just DM stuff.

Mryul wrote:Thank you so much staff at Nostalrius. I think the timeline we have now is perfectly fine. I'm perfectly content with it. (yes i raid MC too)

I'm having a lot of fun here and expect to do so for years. Don't take the haters to heart. Keep up the great work!

Can you guys really stop calling people haters that have different opinions then you, it makes it really hard to respect your argument at all. This is about the fact that people feel a bit lied to, joining a server because we where promised a timeline and that timeline didn't happen can tend to make people a little bit upset.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Normander01 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:22 am

Lazermon wrote:To clarify for those wondering: this patch will bring dire maul and dire maul only, there will not be any additional items added to any raids this patch, and no items will be updated. In addition to that, a part (~10%) of the items that should be available in dire maul are currently not available because their old stats can't be found on the internet.

The major item update will hit along with AV in the next patch after this one, and when AV + items are out, the next thing to come will be BWL.

Source: I played on the PTR and talked with viper about it.

so how is lionheart helm out? they must have added items
<GM> Blacklisted
Twitch Nos/Retail Streamer ~~ https://www.twitch.tv/Normander01
Youtube ~~ youtube.com/Normandah09
Normander01
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rafale » Fri May 29, 2015 6:33 am

pancakes wrote:
PanTheSatyr wrote:I demand that this free server release the content I want right now or I will hold my breath and stomp my foot!!!

I think it's more the idea that people feel led on. The hype videos before the server opened said that everything was fully scripted by X amount of professional programmers, many years in the making. They also said they would adhere to a progression timeline.

Obviously neither of these things are true, so many people feel like they're wasting time while the devs play catch up. And, of course, as we all know, time is money, friend.

When i see that i'm thinking about a little boy receiving a gift from his parents, not for his birthday, just a free lovely gift. Lets imagine a cake. The parents told the boy they gonna make a chocolate cake but they can't make it cause no chocolate in the shop yesterday. The boy is crying.

You are the minority part of players, which can't play a game without eating it like a cake. I hate u. Thx devs for your work. This is awesome.
Rafale
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mobi » Fri May 29, 2015 6:45 am

@lazermon

Which items are in question; There are several ways to find the stats for items, presumably wowwiki/zam archive did not work, but you can find the earliest entry of an item and work backwards from the patch notes (though blizzard was very inconsistent to where it put the notes, almost all of them are in the Dungeons and Raids section or the Items section of patch notes), which while still incomplete are a lot more complete than not; plus there is a change log on the front page of Zam which tells you when items are added or changed. Using those tools I'm pretty sure we can establish the timeline of the missing items.

Edit: actually it does appear that Zam was behind in updates especially early on. It looks like DM patch stuff started getting added around March 23rd (patch itself was 7th), and the log does keep details of it.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050324085 ... hazam.com/ It might be more difficult but shouldn't be impossible to figure out the timeline of the items. Stats might be more difficult, but there should be some way to figure it out if you throw enough people at it. I can't think of any sites that linked gear for new patches this early in the game, but that doesn't mean there are none. Unfortunately for this kind of data is really hard to find, and to prevent wasting tons and tons of time I'm not gonna bother til I know what's missing (plus this is an activity I mostly hate, but I am pretty good at it), though here is one tidbit I found right off the bat to determine the viability of some search parameters [which the results were, search on zam forums sucks tbh] (bottom, about neck off hydrospawn) http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... 42523354#4 (second proof also at bottom: http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... 80812418#5 ) I've found many more image links to gear, but unfortunately most or all are dead now. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve though, zam kept gear profiles for players to update, though much of that data is not archived some of it is. There are also more forums and other sites.

I don't believe the items should be increased to future patch as suggested elsewhere in the thread, the content is already faceroll as is, though its important that 1.4 comes in a timely manner because there is a major gear imbalance pre-1.4 that gives casters a huge disadvantage, and is even more important since other major loot table considerations were missed (shifting of loot) that are making melee even stronger than they already were at this patch (most blatant and painfully obvious being Dal'Rends). In retail there was only a month separation between the first Ragnaros kill and 1.4, so the loot gap here is already more severe, but there was a 3 month gap from 8/10 to 1.4, so it's still salvageable as far as loot accurate timeline goes. Since the only content in 1.4 is the Elemental Invasions, and everything else is loot table, I don't see how that could take terribly long to prepare.

In any case, we're glad to see Dire Maul finally, and guardedly optimistic for things to come. I'm quite worried about a lot of things, especially related to how this population is sustainable for future PvE purposes, especially since % of active players who make it to 60 on a game that they already played is a lot higher than on retail and that impact will become more and more obvious (if it isn't already) as time goes by, but at least for now we'll have some new 5-man recipes and such to farm for a while, and a bit of additional min/maxing to do, warlocks and paladins to get mounts for, librams to hunt for, and delicious sweet water.
Mobi
Grunt
Grunt

by DeeMarie » Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 am

Rafale wrote:When i see that i'm thinking about a little boy receiving a gift from his parents, not for his birthday, just a free lovely gift. Lets imagine a cake. The parents told the boy they gonna make a chocolate cake but they can't make it cause no chocolate in the shop yesterday. The boy is crying.

I'm thinking that little boy was promised that free lovely chocolate cake if he did a paper round for two months straight. Now his parents aren't even buying the chocolate because either they're too busy or they think he needs to do another x amount of months. But they're not even telling him this and he's not sure whether to invest any more time to get this particular cake. He's gonna need therapy when he's an adult! :p

It's not the first time communication has been an issue and that's all this is really.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Fri May 29, 2015 10:28 am

Mobi wrote:@lazermon

Which items are in question; There are several ways to find the stats for items, presumably wowwiki/zam archive did not work, but you can find the earliest entry of an item and work backwards from the patch notes (though blizzard was very inconsistent to where it put the notes, almost all of them are in the Dungeons and Raids section or the Items section of patch notes), which while still incomplete are a lot more complete than not; plus there is a change log on the front page of Zam which tells you when items are added or changed. Using those tools I'm pretty sure we can establish the timeline of the missing items.

I think any item not linkable ingame using Atlas is missing. For example, Mindtap Talisman.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lazermon » Fri May 29, 2015 10:45 am

@mobi

This isn't a question of whether the items should be in or not, the itemid from wowhead solved that little issue last time we had that discussion. This is an issue of not being able to find the 1.3 stats for x amount of items, as you yourself noted, you couldn't dig them up. I've tried myself too, and haven't found a way.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Diametra » Fri May 29, 2015 11:52 am

Last edited by Diametra on Fri May 29, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements