Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

by Robotron » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Semick wrote:I have a macbook with no way of extract zip folders. does anyone have a 2.4.3 client for mac that i don't have to unzip?
Thanks
Semick - 40 UD Priest PvP

Is downloading winRAR that hard?
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Glader » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:06 am

Hi, do you have any academic references for your Interest Management implementation? I believe it differs greatly from many of the ones implemented in projects such as Trinitycore, which use a grid-based approach afaik.

I've been reviewing and reading various papers on the topic and am curious on your implementation. I'm guessing it's some form of load-adjusting area-nimbus/radius of interest implementation described in many survey papers on the subject?

Is this considered a pain point for your development? Are you looking to further improve upon it?

I'm mostly just interested in general and hope to hear a response since you're being a bit more open on your developments now.
Glader
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Arcman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Robotron wrote:
Semick wrote:I have a macbook with no way of extract zip folders. does anyone have a 2.4.3 client for mac that i don't have to unzip?
Thanks
Semick - 40 UD Priest PvP

Is downloading winRAR that hard?

Well, torrents are best avoided.
Arcman
Tester

by Arcman » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Is there gonna be a way to transfer characters from the Classic realms to the Burning Crusade realm(s)?
Arcman
Tester

by Spanked » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:00 pm

Arcman wrote:Is there gonna be a way to transfer characters from the Classic realms to the Burning Crusade realm(s)?

Yes there will be Arcman.

& Heres my question... Any idea when the release date would be? IMO TBC were the golden days of WoW & Im DYING to get into this TBC action. Are we going to have to wait for all of Vanilla content to be cleared first?
Spanked
Tester

by Pottu » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:18 pm

TBC project has just started. It won't launch any time soon.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Meteokles » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:08 pm

To be honest: why thinking of opening a BC server where the classic server permantentely runs instabl??. you get wiped 3 to 10 times a day.... Maybe it's better to get the classic server running stable instead of starting a new server (which then is as stable like the classic...) .....
Meteokles
Tester

by Noxm » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:12 pm

@Meteokles

They work on stability, just wait :

Clustering development insight : https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35310
Clustering technology status & proposal : https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40607

And btw Nost Vanilla and Nost TBC are two seperates team.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by devildog4355 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Servers will run stable once the clustering project is implemented. no need to halt a project because of it, that would be silly and unproductive.
devildog4355
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Snouk » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:03 am

Is there a place where we can follow the developpement's progress ?
Snouk
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements