News regarding banhammer of accounts because of gold sellers

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: News regarding banhammer of accounts because of gold sel

by TheWorld » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:21 am

You said that you prevent them from creating new account , so please remove the level limitation for social interaction this is VERY ANNOYING for new players like me , on cata servers it is not problematic because you level up so quickly , but here leveling is very hard , and this limitation make group creation very hard.
TheWorld
Tester

by Fridolin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:22 am

Nostalrius for president!
Nostalrius PvP
Alliance Mage :)

Developing an AddonManagementTool for Vanilla and TBC Addons!
Fridolin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Droom91 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 am

ceen2 wrote:Hm why do I get whispers for gold selling all the time if you are so good in blocking it?
And I dont think you can auto detect bots, even blizzard struggles with that, but it was a nice read.

i'll tell you why Blizzard struggles with that, because here there's thousands of players, Blizzard has millions of players.
That's a huge diference.
Its not easy even with hundreds of people working for the company.
Droom91
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Smallfry666 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 am

How do us wrongly banned players go about getting our accounts unbanned?
Smallfry666
Tester

by Gemt » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:17 am

Great news, hope all those that lost their accounts through no fault of their own get it back.
Gemt
Grunt
Grunt

by zequill » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks for the answer. Can't wait to get my account back to see if I really got hack (I don't see others stuff that would have got me ban) and see what kind of damage was done.
zequill
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:05 pm

This is all well, but how will this help players who has had their account hacked (but not password changed). My guildmate, and an important member of my guilds leadership had his account hacked in this breach and got all stuff in his inventor vendored, as well as all gold removed. Against our warnings he reported this to nostalrius admins in good faith and had his account banned for it. The precedent you are setting is that you shouldnt ask for help if you get hacked because then you will loose your account alltogether.

Legitimate account retrievals should in my mind also get their gold and items restored, if the logs can back up the claims, or the user can with screenshots, realmplayers links or other.

EDIT: I will make it clear that we're speaking of a very responsible person now who takes account security VERY seriously.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Mimma wrote:Good news - and thanks for announcing this.

This great news!
But as I recall you believe something different according to your post regarding my account closer.
GM's does not restore accounts banned while being hacked. They simply don't have the resources to do in-depth investigations, thus account security is your and only your responsibility. This also means whatever the hacker does is your responsibility, and therefore account will be banned if the hacker is for example selling gold.

I am glad they have taken time and resources to do this.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by notgunnahappen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Gemt wrote:Great news, hope all those that lost their accounts through no fault of their own get it back.

Technically them using the same account info across multiple servers is their fault (not maliciously though)
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Solanche » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Are we getting the stuff back that expired in the mailbox while we were banned?
Solanche
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements