Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by melak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:26 am

Iltháes wrote:
abbath wrote:ok, long time we waited for this meeting and now it happened -- WHAT'S NOW????!

Now we wait for more details next week.

Why next week and not now? Idk, Nost team wants to tease us too much I guess.

They are all from Europe as far as i know, and flied home most likely directly after the meeting + they have lives and work to handle, i just think they did not want to throw something quickly together, but instead put some time into writing down a good summary of it all. Just my thought tho.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arthalon » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:16 am

I never had the chance of playing in Nostalrius, but I am one of those who is waiting to resub with a few friends if official vanilla come true.

I just hope that the meeting went well and you made a clear point. We are a LOT of people who want Vanilla back and are willing to pay. And I would also pay of a WoW Collectors Edition too, if needed, to support this project. I would even pay in a kickstarter if that proves Blizzard that WE WANT LEGACY SERVERS (although they have more than enough money to do anything without kickstarter WoW Vanilla is THE GAME).

I know that this is not gonna happen in Legion... but my mind started dreaming today and said:

August Legion -> People play, get to 110 and subs start to fall -> November, 12th anniversary of WoW... official Vanilla servers come back to life ->

People resub, play vanilla and some even buy legion to lvl up those chars who stayed in 80, 90, or whatever level they had when played, do some PVP, some raids in 110, and go back to Vanilla to finish that impossible Naxx 40 and get full Tier 3.

Is just my imagination, but I am eager to listen to your announcement !!
Arthalon
Tester

by mijk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:14 pm

Me too, but i did play vanilla, in the beginning as well as other servers. I will be resubbing also to play vanilla. Hopefully they come with an update soon.
mijk
Tester

by Heldunder » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Arthalon wrote:I never had the chance of playing in Nostalrius, but I am one of those who is waiting to resub with a few friends if official vanilla come true.

I just hope that the meeting went well and you made a clear point. We are a LOT of people who want Vanilla back and are willing to pay. And I would also pay of a WoW Collectors Edition too, if needed, to support this project. I would even pay in a kickstarter if that proves Blizzard that WE WANT LEGACY SERVERS (although they have more than enough money to do anything without kickstarter WoW Vanilla is THE GAME).

I know that this is not gonna happen in Legion... but my mind started dreaming today and said:

August Legion -> People play, get to 110 and subs start to fall -> November, 12th anniversary of WoW... official Vanilla servers come back to life ->

People resub, play vanilla and some even buy legion to lvl up those chars who stayed in 80, 90, or whatever level they had when played, do some PVP, some raids in 110, and go back to Vanilla to finish that impossible Naxx 40 and get full Tier 3.

Is just my imagination, but I am eager to listen to your announcement !!

i would assume they require legion to play classic.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by huertakas » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:50 pm

Before the June meeting between Blizzard, Nostalrius and MangOS on the side, Mark Kern talked to Mike Morhaine to manage expectations on both sides.

It gives a hopeful preview on what the Nostalrius team will hopefully confirm, that is: blizz needs feasability studies, seems willing to do it, is just very busy with legion/movie/blizzcon. Don't expect anything before those are over, but don't assume Blizzard does not see the value in vanilla. They may be waking up. The developers have already started tuning, a good sign.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/kern-recaps-w ... ft-vanilla

Mike Morhaine, President, Co-Founder.
Poker player.

J. Allen Brack, Executive Director, VP.
The guy who saw things differently. After you think you do but you don't, he continued with:
"Remember when you had to, like, spam cities and say 'need a tank''need a tank''need a tank' during the Burning Crusade days? You don't remember that, because now you just push a button that says 'go to the dungeon'.. you don't wanna do that."

Let's hope he sees the value now of asking for a good tank and caring about the response you get.
huertakas
Private
Private

by flashback2006 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Im ready to throw money at a legitimate legacy server, ffs Blizzard let this happen!!!!
flashback2006
Private
Private

by Argale » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:50 pm

soo, any good news ?
or any news at all ?
Argale
Tester

by bbbb61479 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:19 am

bbbb61479