Account transfer information

Nostalrius official announcements

Account transfer information

by Daemon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Dear community,

as you probably are aware already, the technology transfer to Elysium has been successfully completed. They have started processing Nostalrius characters, in order to have the databases of both PvP and PvE realm ready for launch. However, we have not provided them with account information such as login and password, nor email or IP-addresses, yet. The next step is to handle this data transfer in a secure manner, so that everything is ready for the 17th of December.

During the last few weeks, we thought about the best way to safely transfer your account and personal information over to Elysium. We understand that this information is sensitive and it wasn't thus possible to just provide them with a raw "dump", without the explicit permission of our players.

The Nostalrius token has been created to satisfy this requirement. The token is a cryptographically secure method of transferring all the information that Elysium needs to recover your account:
  • your account number
  • your original email and last game IP (to prevent account selling and other abuse)
  • your account warning and punishment history

This token does not include your Nostalrius password in any form, and we strongly advise you to use a new one on other services, including Elysium.

Ultimately, it is your own decision whether to continue the journey there and all your personal data will remain solely with Nostalrius if you do not enter this token on Elysium's website.

The interface to generate a token is available here:
https://tokens.nostalrius.org/

Remember that you should not share this token with anyone before you get your characters - this includes staff members. Otherwise someone else could do it and use your account instead of you.

We offer you 2 possibilities to authenticate yourself and generate this token:
  • with your login and password
  • with your login and email (you must have access to the email address you used for registration)

If you do not remember this information or your email was invalid or you do not have access to it, we will not be able to assist you in any way.

Please note that we have finished processing the ban appeals that were underway when Nostalrius shut down. No further ban appeals will be considered.

Best regards,
Nostalrius team
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Account transfer information

by Dutchfoo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Thank you.
Dutchfoo
Private
Private

by Ashix » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:09 pm

All done, quick and painless. Cheers admins.
Ashix
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Etheom » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Thank you guys!
Etheom
Private
Private

by Narkon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:16 pm

I used the email and username combo and have not received anything yet. Using gmail and it's not in my Spam folder. Some kind of delay?

I got the message "Your token has been sent to *****@gmail.com".

Edit. Still didn't get the email, but the username and password combo worked.
Last edited by Narkon on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Narkon
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Purpsmoke » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Seamless.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Purpsmoke
Private
Private

by NashT23 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Wow that was easy. I appreciate all the work you guys are doing to make this all happen!
NashT23
Tester

by bloch1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 pm

So what exactly do I do with the token? Am I the only one not getting this? Thanks
bloch1
Private
Private

by Blaze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Getting issues saying I must generate and consume the token on the same IP, clearly I'm on the same IP.
Blaze
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xasthur » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 pm

I have a dynamic IP address, what now?
Xasthur <Slippery When Wet> Level 60 Warlock [Nostalrius Begins PvE]
Xasthur
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Announcements