What are the best classes & specs for each different role?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: What are the best classes & specs for each different rol

by smilkovpetko » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:06 am

Larsen wrote:Ignore what smilkovpetko says. He goes around every thread about paladins and claims they're the best class at everything, and no matter how many times people prove him wrong and point out how silly he is, he just won't stop. People have been ridiculing him everywhere he goes and his opinions are in no way based on facts.

If you want honest, believable information about paladins, your best bet is to put him (and Theloras) on ignore. They have a history of spreading intentionally misleading information and using cherrypicked screenshots or invalid information from other private servers to trick people into false beliefs. If one were to believe them, paladins are the best tanks and best DPS in vanilla. They're retards who just ruin every thread about paladins.

Maybe world is better choice if everyone would been denied and followed on one side opinion like you did right.... no wonder why Paladins got in this false info that can't tank where i already did everything and i have evidences. .

Perhaps best choice is to put you on Ignore list right now and enjoy talking about Topic , Regarding Topic and Regarding the Question / Statements given about Prot/Retri Paladins.

Maybe on Peenix you had that sweet pleasure to harass people but here this won't work and i will also gladly report this comment as offtopic (which usually leads toward warnings) .

Especially that you give links directly toward Peenix project.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Rarfoster » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:42 am

Larsen wrote:Ignore what smilkovpetko says. He goes around every thread about paladins and claims they're the best class at everything, and no matter how many times people prove him wrong and point out how silly he is, he just won't stop. People have been ridiculing him everywhere he goes and his opinions are in no way based on facts.

If you want honest, believable information about paladins, your best bet is to put him (and Theloras) on ignore. They have a history of spreading intentionally misleading information and using cherrypicked screenshots or invalid information from other private servers to trick people into false beliefs. If one were to believe them, paladins are the best tanks and best DPS in vanilla. They're retards who just ruin every thread about paladins.

I've read this entire thread, i am aware of their shortcomings. I just need them to confirm, without being defensive, that they did indeed hit 60 and attempted to live the life of a warrior tank but through a paladin. Or confirm they didn't but instead played as a different spec first to acquire the gear they needed before they could tank properly. I am just trying to get the idea of how that class would develop into a tank.
Rarfoster
Grunt
Grunt

by Rarfoster » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:49 am

smilkovpetko wrote:
Rarfoster wrote:So you are saying that you yourself played a paladin, got to 60, got all the available pre raid gear, and was able to progress with your guild as a(the) MT? You can say that with the right support, even a paladin can be a progressive tank? Or do you need to raid as holy first and gather gear before you can MT as a paladin?

I never been Healer and i rarely play Retribution as Offspec .
So yep i been always Protections , leveled , geared and followed pre raid gear etc so i was able to MT and progress as intended without any problem at all.
In fact the runs followed with 1 Protection Paladin proved that are much faster progressive than using only 4 Warriors in single raid .
(at equal gearwise) Paladin is heavy booster between bosses which is most wasting time .

Ignore Larsen , reading his Comment is just ridiculous based on assumptions and no facts. Beside Larsen never ever played Paladin Protection or tanked anything as that spec.

Please do me a favor and post what gear you would need for BiS pre raid as a paladin. I understand that they can't be defense capped, but some sort of info of on what stats one would be looking at.

Also, I've read all the positive things you've stated about a paladin tank, so what in your experience are the challenges, the negative/cons even, a paladin tank has when going from a fresh 60 into a viable MT?
Rarfoster
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:12 am

Rarfoster wrote:Please do me a favor and post what gear you would need for BiS pre raid as a paladin. I understand that they can't be defense capped, but some sort of info of on what stats one would be looking at.

Also, I've read all the positive things you've stated about a paladin tank, so what in your experience are the challenges, the negative/cons even, a paladin tank has when going from a fresh 60 into a viable MT?

Please do me a favor and post what gear you would need for BiS pre raid as a paladin. I understand that they can't be defense capped, but some sort of info of on what stats one would be looking at.

First of all i would like to ask you , how did you understand that we can't be defense capped? because we do and we can be defense capped on preraid pretty easy even in this patch.

There is even list of Gear for this purpose in Paladin section .

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=13492

Feel free to visit it .

- The only negative/cons even as challenge is Overall population lack of knowledge about it .
It leads toward misunderstanding and you have to prove beyond the normal tanking in order to prove them wrong about Paladins.
-Sadly this lead by many Paladins that are trying to "Tank" without spell damage weapon/weapon ench/consumes.
-So they mostly fail terrible in Aggro or Mana.
-Other than that is "because of lack of knowledge and proper "judging" Elitists Guilds would usual deny to allow you fair roll on "Spell Damage" Weapon which is our main Aggro and our best Weapon .

Otherwise there is only one fight which is our Challenge and this is 4HM . The only fight that we can still do 1 of the Horses with proper communication/selection of another Tank and 90% BiS gear on both of you.

Nothing else is hard and everything else we can tank quite easy.
We can survive easy as there is no "Boss" including Enrages ones that we can't do . With simple Greater Protection Potion we fill this requirement to survive that properly (on faceroll challenge as Enrage) .

The game itself is made for everyone , perhaps not much for Druids sadly but we never know since there aren't Druids to prove the opposite like we do as Paladins of what we have already done.

Because you decide to use "Mature" conversation and ask Questions on proper way .
I cheer you with the image of my Paladin Tank used on (i wouldn't say the server since is not allowed to say) <3

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56D2294E

For full image.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:19 am

Rarfoster wrote:

I've read this entire thread, i am aware of their shortcomings. I just need them to confirm, without being defensive, that they did indeed hit 60 and attempted to live the life of a warrior tank but through a paladin. Or confirm they didn't but instead played as a different spec first to acquire the gear they needed before they could tank properly. I am just trying to get the idea of how that class would develop into a tank.

Just to let you notice , Maexxna which is apparently hardest Boss for any Tank to survie .
I Tanked with half Blue gear 50% BiS and rest 50% Blue Gear.(you can notice that by seeing the Helm i even use) .

If we was so terrible on surviving , then how come i did this Boss in Half Blue gear ? which i honestly never seen any Warrior Tanking this on even close gear to that requirement.

(you can see that by the Helm i use) Enchanted Thorium Helm and Deathbone items.

Where in full BiS gear i would used Aq20 , Icebane etc instead this .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Rarfoster » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:23 am

Thank you for your input. I trust actual experience over number crunching only because things on paper don't show you what can actually be done in practice. Not to say there is no merit in numbers and math, but to argue mathematics against real experience is somewhat moot. There are too many factors involved to allow an equation to properly predict how things will play out.

Thanks again for your time.
Rarfoster
Grunt
Grunt

by Jeniwyn » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:14 am

Rarfoster wrote:Thank you for your input. I trust actual experience over number crunching only because things on paper don't show you what can actually be done in practice.

Actually, they do. If they fail then there is something wrong with the number crunching.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oelm » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Don't spam racist nonsense.
Last edited by Pottu on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: racism; insults
Oelm
Tester

by Rarfoster » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Jeniwyn wrote:
Rarfoster wrote:Thank you for your input. I trust actual experience over number crunching only because things on paper don't show you what can actually be done in practice.

Actually, they do. If they fail then there is something wrong with the number crunching.

Yes, but you won't know if your calculations were correct in your predictions until you put it into practice.

Right now we have people crunching numbers and saying it isn't possible or effective when people out there are actually doing it. Unless we are bring lied to from these prot paladins, what would you put more faith in? Someone saying the numbers don't add up, never having done it before, or people who have done it and say it does? This is where I stand.

Yes math works, duh, but like you said, if they get something wrong then of course it will be incorrect. But are we to trust pseudo math pros on forums and take their calculations as absolute? Someone who had tried to pally tank and can crunch the number with credibility should show themselves to disprove the viability of it all, because until then the math can't be trusted over actual experience.

I understand some things might be bugged or different from retail, but we are talking about its viability on private servers, specifically nost. Also, I vaguely remember someone saying all these vanilla servers are based on a downgraded version of TBC? That may explain some things.
Rarfoster
Grunt
Grunt

by Particles » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Rarfoster wrote:
Jeniwyn wrote:

Yes, but you won't know if your calculations were correct in your predictions until you put it into practice.

Right now we have people crunching numbers and saying it isn't possible or effective when people out there are actually doing it. Unless we are bring lied to from these prot paladins, what would you put more faith in? Someone saying the numbers don't add up, never having done it before, or people who have done it and say it does? This is where I stand.

Yes math works, duh, but like you said, if they get something wrong then of course it will be incorrect. But are we to trust pseudo math pros on forums and take their calculations as absolute? Someone who had tried to pally tank and can crunch the number with credibility should show themselves to disprove the viability of it all, because until then the math can't be trusted over actual experience.

I understand some things might be bugged or different from retail, but we are talking about its viability on private servers, specifically nost. Also, I vaguely remember someone saying all these vanilla servers are based on a downgraded version of TBC? That may explain some things.

I think you're confusing what's possible with what's optimal. The math is saying that threat and mitigation-wise, paladins can't compare to warriors. Nobody said it was impossible to MT as a paladin, and nobody said you can't raid MC with 40 druids.

So using first hand experience of "I paladin tanked this boss" can't disprove the math, because the math never said it was impossible. The math just said that it's probably a much better idea to use a warrior if you care about threat or mitigation.
Particles
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes