Alcor's Sunrazor TPS Enchant

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Alcor's Sunrazor TPS Enchant

by St0rfan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am

Undertanker wrote:Lifestealing is only 30 damage, 30 heal, so 45 threat. Fiery Weapon is 45 damage so 45 threat.

I was running lifestealing last raid, and I do not see that much of a difference in raids. I will prob move to Crusader until 15 agi is out. Will keep sharpening stones with me for the damage increase mentioned above.

Fiery isnt exactly viable for MC/BWL for obvious reasons.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gazpy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 am

Undertanker wrote:Lifestealing is only 30 damage, 30 heal, so 45 threat.

Quite sure that this threat from this skill doesn't work like that, none of the Lifestealing effects are double dipping into threat tables. (Death coil, Drain life both are 1:1 to dmg and 1:0 to healing to threat)
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mchayes » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Here's some ProWatcher SS' off of 2 Rendruns regarding crusader proccing after 29th july's patch.

If some are unsure - 'Holy Strength' is the proc effect.

1st run;

2nd run;

MC run;

Seems it's pretty rare now compared to the things I heard from before. Although I don't have data to compare to last weeks.
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Plask » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Gazpy wrote:

Quite sure that this threat from this skill doesn't work like that, none of the Lifestealing effects are double dipping into threat tables. (Death coil, Drain life both are 1:1 to dmg and 1:0 to healing to threat)

But warlocks don't have defensive stance, nor defiance, nor even the same threat modifiers.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:09 pm

Yeah I over wrote crusader with +5 damage. They ninja nerf crusader.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gazpy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:17 am

Plask wrote:
Gazpy wrote:

But warlocks don't have defensive stance, nor defiance, nor even the same threat modifiers.

LIFESTEALING EFFECTS! not threat modifiers overall.
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Damage is 1:1 Damage to threat points generated.

Healing is 2:1 Have to heal myself for 2 to generate 1 threat.

Fiery is 45 damage = 45 threat.
Lifestealing is 30 damage 30 heal. 30 damage = 30 threat. 30 healer = 15 threat. 30 + 15 = 45.

Fiery procs more often so it the better of the two proc enchants for threat post bwl.

However, the most important time for a tps enchant to effective is the start of a pull or reobtaining agro after a threat dump. The proc enchants are not reliable in these very critical situations.

+5 is 100%. With sharpening stone that is a 52.3 dps weapon putting it in the category of a lvl 71 item. Add on gift of Arthas potion +8 damage (5 mans and 16 debuff raiding) and the dps is 59.2 dps putting it in the category of a lvl 78 item. More dps than partitions blade, 0.3 less than rank 14 daggers.
Last edited by Undertanker on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Undertanker wrote:Damage is 1:1 Damage to threat points generated.

Healing is 2:1 Have to heal myself for 2 to generate 1 threat.

Fiery is 45 damage = 45 threat.
Lifestealing is 30 damage 30 heal. 30 damage = 30 threat. 30 healer = 15 threat. 30 + 15 = 45.

But how does fiery help you when current content consists of fire-elementals and dragons? Surely most, if not all bosses in MC and upcoming BWL are fire resistant?
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 pm

I was adding to the post above when you replied. Those they are resistant, they are not immune. The extra procs on fiery vs lifestealing should equal the same threat over the long run.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes