"cheapest" raid class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

"cheapest" raid class

by flowison » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:35 pm

due to lack of time i cant farm that much for consumeables and that stuff.
so what class is in your opinion the cheapest for raids?

which class need the least consumeables?
is the armor (cloth/leather/mail/plate) also important for this question?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: "cheapest" raid class

by Setup » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:51 pm

On farm content, healers probably spend the least. Plus mana potions are cheap.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:52 pm

Tanks and caster DPS need flasks which are really expensive. Healers probably have the cheapest consumables, even in progression you rarely need flasks (at least not until Naxx and maybe AQ40). If you would use a flask as a healer then melee DPS and hunters are cheapest I think. They have more consumables but overall cheaper because no flask.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Well, every class can play "cheap" and "expensive", it's all about how many world buffs/consumable buffs you're willing to pay for.

As a healing priest, each Molten Core run only costs me 3 or 4 Major Mana potions, a single mana oil, and 5-10 Nightfin Soup. All of that costs maybe 20g. And since I've got Holy Nova, I can easily farm lashers in DM E for easy pocket change.

But if I were to play "expensive", I'd easily be using 20 major manas, multiple elixirs, flask, etc....but it's really not necessary, because it's just Molten Core.

As for other classes, I'm not particularly sure. But in general, you don't really *NEED* tons of consumables until BWL. MC, Ony and ZG are really easy. Just basic stuff like healing/mana potions and some basic elixirs (agi elixir, etc) will be fine for those raids.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:39 pm

whats about the different armor types?
rep costs?
are clothies much cheaper, or do they have to repair more often than plates and it is equal?

rogue vs. fury?
what costs more?

thx
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Setup wrote:Plus mana potions are cheap.

Not anymore.

@OP
Mage is probably the cheapest. You use wizard oil, greater arcane elixir and that's it :P Warlocks come close but elixir of shadow power exists so you may be asked to use that too.

Btw if your guild asks you to flask up for current content as DPS, you should find another guild :)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:58 pm

flowison wrote:what costs more?

thx

Rogue and fury use nearly the same consumables, except fury needs crit stones, so it costs a little more.

I'm a rogue. It's hard to estimate what a night of BWL costs me. Assuming a fairly competent 3-hour clear where I only die one time, I spend ~50g worth of consumables. You probably loot about ~25g in doing BWL, though.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by flowison » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:04 pm

one say caster use flasks and is expansive,
the other say mage and lock are the cheapest...
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jeniwyn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:59 am

No class raids cheaply if you optimize. No class is expensive if you don't. I really don't think there is a much better answer than that.

The best way of getting away with not optimizing is being good.
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:31 am

flowison wrote:one say caster use flasks and is expansive

You should not have to use flasks as DPS until Naxx. And even then, with the current player knowledge on how classes and mechanics work, we shouldn't need as much consumable abuse as people did back in retail vanilla.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes