Wand damage

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Wand damage

by TranceMega » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:38 am

Hey there!
I'm using http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11287 and have 5/5 wand spec. But in character info window the damage stated is 8-16 what is actually even less then basic. So what's going on?
PS PVE realm
TranceMega
Tester

Re: Wand damage

by res » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:17 pm

I don't think the ranged attack stat in your character window is very accurate with wands, for example mine shows higher damage than my wand does.

You can always delete your WDB folder in case you have the wrong item stats.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Iirc the enchanting wands are weaker than db.vanillagaming shows until the buff at around 1.8-ish.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Ana wrote:Iirc the enchanting wands are weaker than db.vanillagaming shows until the buff at around 1.8-ish.

^This

Delete your WDB folder. Nostalrius has not reached patch 1.8 yet, so the Enchanting wands are still white quality and have shit damage. This is the true tooltip for Nost's current patch:

knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 pm

wand spec...?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 pm

Wand spec is used for priest as they level. Open with a magic damage nuke & SW:P after a prepull shield and renew, then wand the rest Spirit kicks in after 6 sec allowing to end each pull with full MP, no down time for a few extra sec of killing.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by tsol1090 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Heldunder wrote:wand spec...?

have a lvl 13 priest and I can say wand spec is op
tsol1090
Private
Private

by Santana » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:07 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Ana wrote:Iirc the enchanting wands are weaker than db.vanillagaming shows until the buff at around 1.8-ish.

^This

Delete your WDB folder. Nostalrius has not reached patch 1.8 yet, so the Enchanting wands are still white quality and have shit damage. This is the true tooltip for Nost's current patch:

Not true. Just used the enchanting wands to level (and deleted my WDB before using them). They are now green and doing the listed post buff damage.

New priests rejoice!
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ana » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:05 pm

Was it on the PvP or PvE server? Because they're different, you know.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Santana » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Ana wrote:Was it on the PvP or PvE server? Because they're different, you know.

PvP
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes