Why is nobody running DM West?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Why is nobody running DM West?

by TheFishyOne » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Duki, I don't think anyone here is denying that a spelldmg weapon puts out more threat for a Pallytank. In TBC, I use spelldmg weapons exclusively. Then again, we had MUCH better defensive itemization in TBC; namely, tier gear meant for tanking.

Being that A: A War of equal gear and skill will ALWAYS take less damage than a Pally due to the 10% DR of Defensive Stance, and B: A Pally of equal gear and skill will ALWAYS put out more threat than a War, due to the the insane scaling on Imp RF, I would prefer to shore up our weaknesses vs. Wars, rather than whomp them harder in an area we are already known for whomping them in. As you tourself have established, SoR isn't benefitting NEARLY ads much from spelldmg as it should, and if I recall my history correctly, our coefficients on many of our spells are lackluster until 1.9, when Judgement Armor gets reitemized with slightly more tank friendly tats, as well as spelldmg.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Well true regarding itemization and 1.9 patch , problem here is that until 1.9 patch we had Seal and Judgement of Fury which doesn't exist in Nostalrius . (the reason why pre 1.9 we didn't need spell damage ) .

Anyway our Weakness is not starving for Def Cap surviving in Pre Raid Gear (without quel serar) we have still items to replace and fix this so we don't risk the aggro and mana issue.
Keep in mind aggro is also part of surviving "more aggro = more dps = less damage taken overall and less mana used by Healers"
Another thing is we don't have DR 10% but we have 30% BV by Shield .
(which in a way they get equal to certain degree) . 30% BV is stronger than 10% DR in 5mans and MC,BWL (except breathing bosses where DR wins) .

I also made list using "short names" to reach Def Cap Preraid (without quel serrar) so you can use Spell Damage Weapon and have Def Cap at the same time Pre raid (current patch) .

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 6&start=10

Enchanted Thorium Helm 9 + Medallion of Grand Marshal Morris 10 + Stockade Pauldrons 10 + Redoubt Cloak 7 + Deathbone Chest 17 + Fel Hardened Bracers 3 + Stonegrip Gauntlets 10 +Legplates of the Eternal Guardian 22 + 2x Drakeclaw Band 8 + Force of Will 10 + dracon shield 15 + 9 from 3x Core Armor Kit (chest,feet,gloves)= 130 + Anticipation Talent 10 = 140 Defense

That was the "pre raid gear" for Def cap .

Trinket = Either pvp one or Diremaul West
Belt = i heard there is some green belt with defense but i am not so sure which one and where it drop.
Feets = choose any with good stamina
Weapon = i don't want to end myself in the corner of "paladins can't tank because they oom or bad aggro" so i go for spell damage with sp ench + wizard oil + greater arcane elixir.

But yeah i talk offtopic sorry i just gave tip of the "preraid Gear" for the current patch.

My personal goal was (we need def cap+100 sp+stamina) as preraid , (def cap+lot stamina+150 sp) midd raid , (def cap+maximum stamina we can gain+avoidance+200 sp) high end raid.
"Why i mention stamina? Because it is our main surviving weakness" .
"Why i mention sp? Because bad aggro and oom is our main issue" .
"Why i mention def cap? Because it make us more stable and viable tanks".
"Why i mention avoidance for high end? Early raids are more oriented in Fire Spells , midd raid are more oriented in Nature,High end is oriented on both Melee and Elemental Schools".

Today this morning i have seen also at least 15 groups for Diremaul West thou , but well i guess you had some bad luck .

1.9+ when it come , there will be lot more changes regarding gear etc

(sorry for my bad english spelling) .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Do you realize how hard Fel Hardened Bracer are to get? Mostly people skip them.
Try BoE one from BRD if you need DEF on Bracers. Runed Golem Shackles
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 pm

You can not take an item off the list because it is hard to get.

Back when server released, toom 42 kills for me to get Force of Will. I ran scholo so many times for deathbone chest that I was 98% to exhaulted for AD.

Duki, do not pull out bits and pieces of my post and only comment on those.

I clearly state to have both quel and a sp weapon, and even put sp on quel.

When threat needs to be built, use best threat weapon, after high threat is established put quel on. Also if you are tanking nef, the need for def is greater due to having to use onxyia cloak.

All gear is situational, all spells/abilities are situational. There is no one fits all with the exception of Styleens :)
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:00 pm

i think the biggest problem here is that a pally is trying to get gear to tank instead of healing.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JCarrill0 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Heldunder wrote:i think the biggest problem here is that a pally is trying to get gear to tank instead of healing.

why is it a problem if no one else wants/needs it?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by sumail » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 am

great another thread about prot paladins... AJFASDGJERJG
sumail
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes