Engineering for a raid melee

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Engineering for a raid melee

by spidertronic » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:51 pm

i play a rogue on nost pvp with the goal of endgame raiding and i've a few questions regarding engineering:

do dynamites/bombs/grenades delay auto attacks? (since they have a cast time while using)

what are the best explosives to use?

gobin or gnome engineer for raiding?

tyvm :)
spidertronic
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Engineering for a raid melee

by St0rfan » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 pm

spidertronic wrote:i play a rogue on nost pvp with the goal of endgame raiding and i've a few questions regarding engineering:

do dynamites/bombs/grenades delay auto attacks? (since they have a cast time while using)

what are the best explosives to use?

gobin or gnome engineer for raiding?

tyvm :)

Grenades are highly useful for alot of trash in BWL, especially the Goblins. Goblin Rocket helmet is useful for trash after Twin Emps in AQ40 (Although I'm not sure if this is just a feenix thing or working as intended) We will know when AQ is released.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by snawfu » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:40 am

You can throw dynamite between autoattack swings if your weapon is slow enough >2.0 as basically. It does trigger a gcd tho.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by metagame » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:17 pm

Get crystal charge instead (http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11566), does more damage than thorium grenade, it's instant cast, same range and radius, and does not trigger GCD so your swings will not be affected.

Also, doesn't require engineering.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:53 pm

If you're using Engineering, you want the Goblin Sapper Charge. It's the only explosive that'll do enough damage to be worth using at all. The damage it does back to yourself is meaningless when you're raid buffed and have healers. I don't know of any other explosive worth using. You can easily farm the stones and cloth off lower level mobs. The ores or bars you will probably buy as opposed to trying to hunt on veins.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes