Fishing sound

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Fishing sound

by Graywood » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:25 pm

As it works perfectly on pvp server (atleast on my char), I believe it's an issue with the software version. since pve is still at release (1.0) and pvp is currently at 1.7, having just opened Zul'Gurub. I'm just waiting for the update to 1.1, maybe it gets fixed then.
Graywood
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 am

Graywood wrote:As it works perfectly on pvp server (atleast on my char), I believe it's an issue with the software version. since pve is still at release (1.0) and pvp is currently at 1.7, having just opened Zul'Gurub. I'm just waiting for the update to 1.1, maybe it gets fixed then.

Keep in mind, this is entirely False. The patching isnt client 1.0 its database is *fixed* to "emulate" 1.4+ item stats, but nothing is actually a 1.0 or 1.7 Patch. Everything is 1.12.x Client & Server.

so once again The database is *fixed* to "emulate" the stats from 1.0 - 1.7.
If it was patched like some thing, The talents and spell would be a lot different. Software version is actually irrelevant or we would all have to download a 1.0 client and update via patch MPQ files which is not something we do.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by GeorgeZip » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Having the same issue on both my laptop and my desktop. Fishing is the worst unless I can take my eyes off the screen for a second.
GeorgeZip
Tester

by Undertanker » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Thats cool, the more people discouraged to fish, the more money I make. Prot warrior farming :)
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fagatron » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 am

same issue. no sound.... really annoying
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sillicus » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Confirming. Changing the sound file doesn't help a bit. The sound of the actually file (as played in-game versus playing the file iteself with MPQ Editor) is clipped and almost entirely muted.

Not really playable, despite what someone above (community oriented soul) states. Not cool.
Sillicus
Grunt
Grunt

by ransomxvi » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:04 am

Having this issue as well. Also tried client restarts and reloads, addon disable/enable, changing fishing locations, and drinking a lot of gin by myself.
ransomxvi
Tester

by thenuclearwalrus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:52 am

I dont get the issue that much, only every 10-15 casts will it not make a sound when dipping, instead i've been having a problem where sometimes I successfully fish, gain a skill level, but nothing was actually caught.

Also sometimes the boxes from fishing contain nothing.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes