needed classes for lvl 60 raid content

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

needed classes for lvl 60 raid content

by spydamunki » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Hey guys long time off of Warcraft but recently discovered this server and holy cow I am having so much fun playing again.
Quick question tho. I have played every class in vanilla to 60 and raided with all of them except paladin and rogue.
Was just wondering which classes are needed most at top level currently. My old favourite was a druid that I had 85+ days played with last I checked.
Are druids still in heavy demand these days or should I bring something else up to fill role gaps at high level raids? Have done MC Ony BWL Zg Aq20-40 and cleared trash in naxx healing as a druid in vanilla. So I am experienced with the encounters
spydamunki
Tester

Re: needed classes for lvl 60 raid content

by Undertanker » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Druids are always needed. Granted not as many are taken to a raid compared to a priest, the ratio of priest to druids corrects this automatically.

Many would suggest going to the guild recruitment forum and see what is open, but private servers can be a revolving door and those guild needs will change on a monthly bases.

I truly believe you are asking the wrong question here. You should ask yourself, do I want to relive my days as a druid, or do I want to play something different during my Nos journey. Just because you are an experienced druid doesn't mean you will be a bad something else. Essentially IMO it would make you a stronger healer of other classes as you spent so long with slow heals and learned to time them for healing effectiveness, getting the tools of other healing classes would make you even better; having that cross class knowledge.

Perhaps you want to DPS. Then the question is ranged or melee. If ranged, magic or arrows. If melee, plate or leather. Tanking? It comes with the territory of a warrior even if you are wanting to dps.

You already know the time investment if you plan on going all the way to KT and farm him. Guild needs change. Don't make a decisions that will make 39 strangers happy. Make one that will make you happy.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by spydamunki » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:32 pm

Yes that's why mentioned I had raided with almost every class. Usually just MC Ony and BWL. I noticed a fair amount of warriors which is my second favourite class. And a good share of warlocks. I don't mind playing what I have fun with but I also want to make sure I don't sit there looking for groups for hours when I could just play what I know and slide right into content.
spydamunki
Tester

by Undertanker » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:01 am

On private servers for vanilla, in general warriors the most played. Many are brought though do to high dps with obtained gear and can tank when needed on certain encounters.

End game, ranged classes are highly favored due to some of the mechanics of having to stay distant from other people in say, SAPP / KT and a slew of locks can put out some numbers with a shadow priest. Typically the hardest raid spot to get into is a Main or primary off-tank as those are usually filled day one of a guild forming with a plan.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes