Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Thunderfury Research & Testing [Proc, Threat, Elemental]

by Zetox » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:53 pm

Nano's response confirms my initial hypothesis before server launch which is partially why I choose to highlight all the aspects of the weapon because of the AQ40 implications.

Thanks again to everyone who's tested or contributed towards the discussion in the thread or helped resolve the issues as it's always a team effort. Appreciate it very much! :D
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lorilay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 am

All elemental melee damage is being affected by armor on Nostalrius. As far as I know, this is incorrect because I used to farm Incendius in a bunch of cloth FR gear on retail and his melee damage was greatly reduced as compared to here.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Setup wrote:Hopefully they get this sorted out before we want to use the elemental damage on the Iceblade Hacker for Viscidus.

+Frost damage on weapons did not work for freezing Viscidus in retail. That is a private server mechanic.

Lorilay wrote:As far as I know, this is incorrect because I used to farm Incendius in a bunch of cloth FR gear on retail and his melee damage was greatly reduced as compared to here.

Black Ash Robe would eventually be useful if this was fixed.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Plask » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:50 am

I'm using this thread sources if that's okay for a bugreport on Thunderfury. All of this is pointless if it doesn't go up on the bugtracker you see ;)
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mchayes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 pm

Plask wrote:I'm using this thread sources if that's okay for a bugreport on Thunderfury. All of this is pointless if it doesn't go up on the bugtracker you see ;)

While true, issue at hand is elemental damage which is server-wide. ANY form of elemental damage is fkd. Like ragnaros critting and crushing.. always fun! :)))
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Grave » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Thunderfury - Live Testing 11/02/2016
Follow up on the report posted on 16/11/2015 which is on the bugtracker ID: 3001

I conducted this test only to the proc rate of Thunderfury, not the elemental damage tables.

• Proc Rate
    Previous state result: It is proccing at a 14.7% rate from white attacks.
    Current state result: It is proccing at a 13.7% rate from white attacks.

Analysis:
    1022 auto attacks procced Thunderfury 137 times, resulting in a rate of 13.7% chance of proc per auto attack.

As Zetox sourced in the original post in this thread, TF went through several changes:
  • Patch 1.6 had a 30% proc rate (and procced off other items, poisons/enchants & itself).
  • Patch 1.9: Nerfed to a 15% proc rate only from auto attacks & special abilities
  • Patch 1.12: It was rebuffed to a 25% proc rate only from auto attacks & special abilities.

Conclusion: TF is still at its worst nerfed state as tested & reported in November and the Feb 20, 2015 Stress Test by Zetox on Nostalrius Beta.
Last edited by Grave on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Memegank » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for doing this research, Grave.

Can you confirm that TF is currently only proccing off specials that require a melee weapon to be equipped? (i.e. revenge / sunder / heroic strike and not shield slam / shield bash)
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grave » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Yep, it does. Curiously, Revenge procs it the most. HS and Hamstring procs it as well. Sunder isn't an instant direct damage skill, so it doesn't proc from it. I can't say for sure about Shield Slams/Bash. It also applies the primary attack (300 dmg + attack speed reduction) on multiple mobs from Cleave/WW on procs.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by metagame » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Lorilay wrote:All elemental melee damage is being affected by armor on Nostalrius. As far as I know, this is incorrect because I used to farm Incendius in a bunch of cloth FR gear on retail and his melee damage was greatly reduced as compared to here.

Does this mean I have to go back to BRD to farm the plate +25 FR bracers instead of using the mail ones? I was under the impression that armor is not taken into account in the Ragnaros fight.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes