Where are Nostalrius players now?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Where are Nostalrius players now?

by Jovi » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Classic warcraft www.classic-wow-server.net 

Is only like 5 days old so population isn't great but Nos had to start somewhere. I tried all the others but stuck with this one. I met a bunch of nice players here and hope you guys give it a try. Once people see pop numbers going up we'll be fine.

Jovi
Jovi
Tester

by Kerpy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Jovi wrote:Classic warcraft www.classic-wow-server.net 

Is only like 5 days old so population isn't great but Nos had to start somewhere. I tried all the others but stuck with this one. I met a bunch of nice players here and hope you guys give it a try. Once people see pop numbers going up we'll be fine.

Jovi

There's like 7 people online on the server, why even bother.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by PeaceHammer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Jovi wrote:Classic warcraft www.classic-wow-server.net 

Jovi

I wish that server luck. But launching out of nowhere without trying to build any kind of following first, I believe is a death sentence for any private server.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by squabble » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:22 am

I've been searching around (2-3 hours+) everyday since the news in the hope of finding a new home. My conclusion is to wait out a few weeks until someone professional with a robust team picks up the nost core, or if not, wait out a little more for Crestfall. Beta testing with Crestfall isn't too far off, around a couple weeks. Having the the chance to take part in the Beta will be an accurate reflection on how their development/server will be.

Blizzlike servers are not something that pop up over night, they need time and commitment. Crestfall has been in the making for years and they want vanilla to be near perfect before the official release. Personally, I think the timing will give the Nost community a rest, and by the time its rolled out everyone will be keen to jump back into it!
squabble
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:50 am

squabble wrote:Personally, I think the timing will give the Nost community a rest, and by the time its rolled out everyone will be keen to jump back into it!

This is a good point. I truly do need a break before I can begin a new life in Vanilla.

The weather is turning nice here, so I'll be enjoying outside activities now. By the time Crestfall launches, I should be completely refreshed.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Gehere » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:58 pm

This isn't advertizing - so please - flame off.

But for those interested, Nostalrius Reborn is launching their beta server in 4 hours. I know it isn't the Nostalrius Core, but they will implement it, come release at the end of April.

According to their forum, they have nearly 2200 community accounts - so this could be worth something.

I don't know - but worth a shot.
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by Sharax » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:44 pm

squabble wrote:I thought not having a website looks a little shady too, however, they did an AMA type post the other day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... c_setting/

Have a read, It's the closest I've seen to blizzlike so far. Most of all, the staff seem mature and it looks promising.

That does look promising.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Off topic