Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

by Kerpy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:29 pm

This is getting better and better:

"There was no official Q&A last night. And as for the server progress, it's running smoother and smoother for every minute."

7 hours earlier:
https://gyazo.com/904d95b76bb530037857b25293e5cf9b
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:31 pm

botched another server launch... heading down a dark path indeed
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:39 pm

melak wrote:the server will instant boost you to 60 also, meh, not interested in it at all.

Same. That was a dealbreaker to me.
I think Corecraft will also give you boosted xp gains up to 58, if so, I'll pass on it as well. If it ever releases to begin with.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Sharax » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I was just snooping around on Smolderforge (TBC server that has been around for eight years) and their head admin had this to say:

People do not believe me when I say TBC cores out of the box are very, very bad. You must remember development of them were abandoned in 2009 to develop WotLK. Most have been privately developed or poorly community-supported since.

They're plagued with numerous issues, crashes, and bugs. SF has been around for 8 years so we've had the time to fix a lot of crashes and issues as we went. Yet, there's still tons more we find all the time. The expectation that somehow all the issues wouldn't surface on a massive release is folly, along with it being unable to handle high traffic. I think coming from Nostalrius people assumed possibly that servers normally deliver that high of quality, but in the years of private servers being around, Nostalrius was the first of its kind that delivered such a high standard of playability with the lack of income.

Additionally I do not know why it wasn't a red flag when the only YouTube videos on said new server promoting the server are minor random bug fixes, a quest in Outland being scripted, and the Dark Portal mobs fighting, which are already scripted by default. There's nothing on the raids/dungeons, PvP, etc. I think people are in for a rude awakening if it manages to be played. Best of luck to them, but people highly underestimate what all must be done in order for a server to work properly.

Heh, I think PlayTBC will be this big, pile of steaming shart. But still, it might be fun to see the mayhem for the first month or so as long as you go in not expecting anything meaningful for end-game.
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kerpy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Sharax wrote:Heh, I think PlayTBC will be this big, pile of steaming shart. But still, it might be fun to see the mayhem for the first month or so as long as you go in not expecting anything meaningful for end-game.

Going to be fun to see all the people protecting the unprofessionalism right now suddenly coming back with a ton of excuses.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heycousin! » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:13 pm

My cousin Hosts it in the Mother land!
"I am a master of 60 master, and a trumpet player"
Heycousin!
Grunt
Grunt

by Xaverius » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:Same. That was a dealbreaker to me.
I think Corecraft will also give you boosted xp gains up to 58, if so, I'll pass on it as well. If it ever releases to begin with.

Corecraft takes the fun-grade level gain and combines it with fun-grade custom content.
As in, there's a custom quest chain that's supposed to take you to 58 in two hours and give you some starting gear.

Personally, this puts Corecraft into the category of funservers for me.
Freedom was our highest good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MGhMCQbgk
It's not us to go under the yoke.
We. Will. NOT! BOW!
Xaverius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Xaverius wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:Same. That was a dealbreaker to me.

Corecraft takes the fun-grade level gain and combines it with fun-grade custom content.
As in, there's a custom quest chain that's supposed to take you to 58 in two hours and give you some starting gear.

Personally, this puts Corecraft into the category of funservers for me.

Agreed. Pity, seems the work on the core was pretty good, but wrapping it with lolz rates and funzie super quests just kills it.

A cornerstone of Nostalrius' success was delivering the original experience to the best of their ability. Had they gone with instant 50 and custom nonsense it'd probably lost a portion of its audience, me included.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Docholy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:04 am

Seems the login servers are up at least. Check if you got registered, can't login to a server yet though.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Docholy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:16 am

Their forums have been down for a day, this is getting painful.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Off topic