Nostalrius-Reborn Legit?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Nostalrius-Reborn Legit?

by Logitech30006 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:57 am

I came across this server earlier today via a chat, It look's legit pretty much stating they will have Nostalrius DB by the 30th of April?
Their facebook can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Nostalrius-Reb ... 704035349/
and their site can be found Here: https://beta.nostalrius-reborn.org/

I've noticed they paid to get verified and that isn't cheap. Could an Ex/Current Nostalrius staff comment on this, or is this a plain hoax?
Logitech30006
Tester

Re: Nostalrius-Reborn Legit?

by Rivvern » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:06 am

That's vanilla.re, they've been around since the very first announcement. While many people suspected them for phishing and email harvesting at the time, and judged the competence of the team, I don't recall anything ever being proven.

They are also not affiliated at all with the current team, and that's already been said by both parties. They'll host the data openly released by Nost (at least that's the plan).

(and I'm not endorsing them or anything, just stating what I've picked up)
Rivvern
Grunt
Grunt

by Belzemuth » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:34 am

The seem legit, personnal opnion here.
I have played tonight, server is stable 79fps, no lag, not meet any bugs in 10 levels.

Around 50 players online, they got a lot of hatered lately, I give them a chance.
Belzemuth
Private
Private

by gamerspt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:54 pm

They are legit, the community opted for the name Nostalrius Reborn, the team has never claimed to be affiliated with Nostalrius Begins.

Keep in mind Nostalrius.org does not endorse ANY server project, and they are making their data publicly available. vanilla.re seems to have the most forthcoming leadership team, very professional and they are looking to keep the spirit of nostalrius alive.
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

by Sham » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 pm

Belzemuth wrote:Around 50 players online, they got a lot of hatered lately, I give them a chance.

Because they spammed their promotions everywhere they could claiming they are official new Nostalrius
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gamerspt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Sham wrote:
Belzemuth wrote:Around 50 players online, they got a lot of hatered lately, I give them a chance.

Because they spammed their promotions everywhere they could claiming they are official new Nostalrius

False, bet you cant link something because they haven't.

All they've said is they plan to continue where Nostalrius Begins left off. Their leadership team has maintained that they are not officially affiliated with Nostalrius.org. The success of the server is contingent on Nostalrius.org making good on it's commitment to the public by releasing their source code.
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Yes they seem legit they have Nostalrius in their name :

Viper wrote:
With that said, as far as we are concerned, this amazing journey would not have been possible without the contribution of the open source World of Warcraft community, especially those who were behind MaNGOS. We believe that we significantly improved their code base, with several interesting algorithms (for example the ongoing work on clustering). For now, our source code may be release 30th of April (educational purposes only) in the hope that it will be useful, and that it may help developers understand how a big project like ours was handled from the inside. As we are not willing to help people that do bad things within World of Warcraft, all of the specific cheating / botting / gold seller / ... protection or detection systems we developed and polished during all this time will not be available on this public release. This date may be changed depending on the input provided by the overall feedback of legacy servers.

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Gehere » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Noxm wrote:Yes they seem legit they have Nostalrius in their name :

Viper wrote:
With that said, as far as we are concerned, this amazing journey would not have been possible without the contribution of the open source World of Warcraft community, especially those who were behind MaNGOS. We believe that we significantly improved their code base, with several interesting algorithms (for example the ongoing work on clustering). For now, our source code may be release 30th of April (educational purposes only) in the hope that it will be useful, and that it may help developers understand how a big project like ours was handled from the inside. As we are not willing to help people that do bad things within World of Warcraft, all of the specific cheating / botting / gold seller / ... protection or detection systems we developed and polished during all this time will not be available on this public release. This date may be changed depending on the input provided by the overall feedback of legacy servers.

You need a hobby, Nox(m)q.

I suggest knitting.
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:19 pm

i'm web project manager, but i'm agree i need new good hobby and not focus my hate on a shitty project like Nostalrius Reborn.

i will put my attention on this things :
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... c_setting/

it seem more legit and they proove their experience.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Gehere » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Noxm wrote:i'm web project manager, but i'm agree i need new good hobby and not focus my hate on a shitty project like Nostalrius Reborn.

i will put my attention on this things :
https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... c_setting/

it seem more legit and they proove their experience.

Thank god you're handling web already.

Will make knitting easier to master.
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Off topic