Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:15 am

Drain wrote:Players will also sell accounts and gold. Doesn't mean the game should. The game's devs should actually go out of their way to stop all of these as much as possible.

^
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:29 am

Selling names? What?
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:59 am

Robotron wrote:Selling names? What?

It seems that PlayTBC is thinking about selling popular/famous names on the server, for RL money. Meaning that certain names would be reserved by PlayTBC from the start and not be able to be chosen by players unless they pay money first. I haven't seen this my self so can't confirm it 100%, but I've seen lots of people confirming that this was something they (PlayTBC) talked about on the the recent Q&A and also maybe on a live stream as well.
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Vinnda » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:06 am

MadAxeThrower wrote:
Robotron wrote:Selling names? What?

It seems that PlayTBC is thinking about selling popular/famous names on the server, for RL money. Meaning that certain names would be reserved by PlayTBC from the start and not be able to be chosen by players unless they pay money first. I haven't seen this my self so can't confirm it 100%, but I've seen lots of people confirming that this was something they (PlayTBC) talked about on the the recent Q&A and also maybe on a live stream as well.

I think we should wait for an official statement before spreading rumors and burning PlayTBC at the stake.
Vinnda
Private
Private

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:13 am

Vinnda wrote:I think we should wait for an official statement before spreading rumors and burning PlayTBC at the stake.

110% agree there, this is why I was trying to ask the GMs directly about it. I really hope it's not true though.
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by An3 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:34 am

This was covered about four hours earlier in a livestream Q&A. The CM that made the announcement said that they would only be reserving 15-30 names and heavily implied if there was a big backlash from the community about it, they would decide to not do it. The stream wasn't archived so I can't give a link unfortunately.
An3
Tester

by Nevergrim » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:50 am

well some fick already bought my name from nostalrius so ^^ i will personaly do everything possible to troll this people when i stream XD, fuck play.tbc :)
Nevergrim
Grunt
Grunt

by Sól » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:26 am

Sounds like another dogshit private server run by a bunch of racketeering and dishonest people. I'll personally be waiting until we hear word from Nostalrius staff, I wouldn't play on a server unless it was 100% Blizzlike, maybe that makes me sound stuck up about it but I'm not going to waste my time on a shitty server run by morons and I'm far from the only one who feels that way I'm sure. Adding all this unnecessary shit is how retail ended up how it is now, takes all the fun out of it in my opinion.
Sól
Tester

by Fair » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:41 am

Sól wrote:Sounds like another dogshit private server run by a bunch of racketeering and dishonest people. I'll personally be waiting until we hear word from Nostalrius staff, I wouldn't play on a server unless it was 100% Blizzlike, maybe that makes me sound stuck up about it but I'm not going to waste my time on a shitty server run by morons and I'm far from the only one who feels that way I'm sure. Adding all this unnecessary shit is how retail ended up how it is now, takes all the fun out of it in my opinion.

Do agree with that however I can see how it might be hard for a lot of private servers to keep running while being unable to provide incentive for people to donate. Vanity things are still preferable to anything gamebreaking and if thats what it takes to keep it running I can see why although obviously the Nostalrius model is preferred :mrgreen:
That being said playtbc is looking to be terrible.
Fair
Grunt
Grunt

by melak » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:15 pm

the server will instant boost you to 60 also, meh, not interested in it at all.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic