playtbc it was 2 good 2 be true

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: it was 2 good 2 be true

by Arucado » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:40 pm

packersville wrote:
Arucado wrote:no, it wasn't. it was ALWAYS lagged and overpopulated as fuck, still i loved it.

blizzard legacy servers would be a fucking boom, and if it ever happens i'll enjoy it like the first time.

No, it did not always lag and the population was fine for the most part. Technology can handle more concurrent users these days. "Back in the day" population was much lower due to technological constraints.

I didn't like the overpopulation untill the point of -distance view, unfarmeable materials, and mobs overfarmed.

Besides of that, there was always lag. I don't remember even 1 single moment that i could change my warrior stance without keeping the same action bar for 0,5seconds. PvP was a mess, you could hit people from miles being melee, you could get a rollback when a boss was killed and not getting loot (same for dungeons obviously and quests), and many many more things aka PRIVATE SERVER quality.

I want to play Real Vanilla Legacy servers from blizzard, with 100% quality even if i have to pay for it.

PD: And it was Nostalrius, thats why the rest of private servers are totally cancer, therefore i won't play Kronos or either any other shit, i want Mike Morhaime to say "We will release legacy servers next month..."
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: playtbc it was 2 good 2 be true

by Hydra9268 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:06 pm

In their Saturday announcement Peanutbutter said that the servers wouldn't be ready by Sunday because most of them needed sleep from the exhaustion of working on them for a past few days.

They're not robots. They have a small crew.

Be patient.
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by minimoncho » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:08 pm

poodii wrote:it's times like this when playtbc turned out to be a joke (SUPRISE) I realize that we were so spoilt having Nostalrius, professional GMs, insane scripting etc

I now realize that nothing will ever be as good as nostalrius (corecraft will never be out btw)

fuck u naziblizzard

THX :| :|

But what do you expect them to do under 50gb/s of DDoS attack? That is up to the host... not much they can do about...
minimoncho
Private
Private

by Miru » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:12 pm

mike1097 wrote:But try out http://www.vengeancewow.com, it's quite cool. They even have a refugee event for nost' players

200 ms ping :(
nostalrius ping was 76-80 ms.
Miru PVP Alliance
Malister PVE Horde
Miru
Grunt
Grunt

by gregoras1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:30 pm

for those of you who want to play vanilla try nostalrius reborn at vanilla.re they have a beta realm
gregoras1
Grunt
Grunt

by Digsby » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:42 pm

PlayTBC is just like us. Just some fellows that love the older version of WoW. I have nothing but respect and good feels for them for even attempting to make a TBC server.
Digsby
Private
Private

by ceoddyn » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 am

They believed they could profit off of hosting a donations based "no pay 2 win" tbc server because there was no other one raking in donations at the time. They then took somebody else's work on Mangos and released that as their own server without putting almost any more work into it onto shitty underfunded servers and wasted thousands of people's weekend by tellign them repeatedly that the servers would be working in JUST 12 MORTE HOURS. They also had the balls to hype up their own servers way beyond whatever capacity they coudl actually handle and then come back and complain to us that there were too many people trying to connect.

They still right now think they are going to turn this around and end up making that money by pulling in a bunch of idiots from the community to do the work they never did in the first place. Seriously this is suhc a stupid fucking narrative that they are just a bunch of good guys you have to be kidding me
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wryshu » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:19 am

I still have not been able to create a single character on playtbc
Wryshu
Grunt
Grunt

by Sharax » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 am

Miru wrote:
mike1097 wrote:But try out http://www.vengeancewow.com, it's quite cool. They even have a refugee event for nost' players

200 ms ping :(
nostalrius ping was 76-80 ms.

I'll have to check my ping there. It seems like a quaint community. Why not try a TBC realm that actually works, after all?
@CharaxS
Sharax
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Novae » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:00 am

My wife and I were able to log in and play for about 45 minutes to an hour last night (in between several disconnects) and made a few characters on two servers. What was there was working very well - but that was really just the spawn areas and a little traveling. Our ping was about 100 to 120. Nost's ping for us was usually 120 to 140. I live in Western US (mountain time - GMT+7).
Novae
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic