Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by PeaceHammer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Okay, this server actually looks like it could be legit, and not one of the vultures that just popped up in the last few days. They have youtube vids dating back a year+, and claim to have been in development for several years.

Here's the reddit post where I learned of this server:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... c_setting/

They are expecting to start open beta "in the near future".

Might be a server worth watching.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Crestfall - 1x progressive Vanilla server

by Kerpy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:09 pm

This is looking really good, from some of the videos that you can see here and the responses from the team.
They even got clustering working. Perfect for a massive population, I doubt any of the other servers out there can handle the Nost pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ho9Z6KJYcE
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by PeaceHammer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Kerpy wrote:This is looking really good, from some of the videos that you can see here and the responses from the team.
They even got clustering working. Perfect for a massive population, I doubt any of the other servers out there can handle the Nost pop.

Yeah, the clustering thing is pretty neat.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by tempatantrem » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:59 pm

I like this. Looks like they are really making sure things are straight. Hopefully they host in a country that won't allow it to be shut down.
tempatantrem
Private
Private

by winfernal » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Servers popping up left and right after the shutdown... personally i'm waiting for an annoucment before i even look at other servers.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=43447

As we have said before, the team is looking into different options. We don't want to go off half-cocked - there will be an announcement when we have solid information to go with. Please be patient.
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kerpy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:02 pm

winfernal wrote:Servers popping up left and right after the shutdown... personally i'm waiting for an annoucment before i even look at other servers.

You're mistaken, this server isnt just popping up. it's been in the work since mid 2015. Plus they won't use Nostalrius's core (that was based on Mangos IIRC), they've made their own and even got clustering working which was still upcoming on Nost. So in other words, in theory, it would be very stable.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by winfernal » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Kerpy wrote:
winfernal wrote:Servers popping up left and right after the shutdown... personally i'm waiting for an annoucment before i even look at other servers.

You're mistaken, this server isnt just popping up. it's been in the work since mid 2015. Plus they won't use Nostalrius's core (that was based on Mangos IIRC), they've made their own and even got clustering working which was still upcoming on Nost. So in other words, in theory, it would be very stable.

I'm aware of that. It came out wrong.. people are advertising for so many servers right now, where one server is better than the other. Even though it looks promising, i prefer to wait for some info from the nost devs myself.
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by SikSan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:05 pm

Kerpy wrote:in theory, it would be very stable.

Your whole server is a theory.
SikSan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kerpy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Pointless meme is pointless.
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lokrosh » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Kerpy wrote:This is looking really good, from some of the videos that you can see here and the responses from the team.

What is clustering?
Lokrosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Off topic