Read before you go PlayTBC

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Read before you go PlayTBC

by Desolace » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 am

Yesterday the administration of - as described "professional server" PlayTBC shows that all positive speculation about them were only on paper. No one else from the servers had ever such fail start. They try to cover up the fact that they did not expect such a large amount of willing players.
I'm sorry but were they locked in the basements where there is no information on what is online and what happened to Nostalrius? Is the PlayTBC crew retarded or what? Don't they have a computer and internet to read and figure out how many people are interested in TBC? Don't they read forums etc? Stupid excuses, they are just retarded teen kids what they already proved on stream. They had problems to even tell whats the exact realmlist, announcing 10 times different things, every moment they served other information that was supposed to be the only and last. How can the administration be considered as reliable, if they even removed the information from twitter that first gave wrong. They charged even without giving an explanation.

The only place where you could find anything reliable about the server was twitch stream from Radeghost, where in the end they announced that they don't cooperate with him and it's not official channel of their server. They published it even on Twitter. Then after a few minutes they apologized and spoke on his stream, yes. Stream was also not in any way moderated, chat was in huge spam of same recurring people, insulting religious beliefs and people nations.

According to me, the server looks like led by a group of classmates, because they represent such behavior. Even if the server will start soon, it does not count for anything professional and doesn't look like a worth of time place to go. You can play, of course, but it certainly will not be a dignified successor of Nostalrius. Peace.
Desolace
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Read before you go PlayTBC

by ceen2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 am

I've listened to the audio tape and since the GM seems to be 14 years old I don't have to bother downloading TBC client at all.
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kannibaal » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:39 am

Just give it some time, they had 18k people logging in at the same time. It wil be fine #hope
Kannibaal
Sergeant
Sergeant

by freshman919 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:58 am

18k people logging in? This number was posted by a server admin, hmm i wonder what he could gain by fabricating this number? Please don't re-post unconfirmed facts. GL to all those attempting to play on that server!
freshman919
Tester

by northaunt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 pm

They are total idiots
northaunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Raven » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:31 pm

There's no way they "had no idea" 18k ppl (ayy lmao gonna call bs) would be trying to play bc they'd had to have made accs before hand. Run by fucking kids that have no idea what they are doing. At this point it's not even about scripting, do you want to play on a server run by retards.
Raven
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Forcerius » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Kannibaal wrote:Just give it some time, they had 18k people logging in at the same time. It wil be fine #hope

Not after the reputation they have now. And their site hasn't resolved for 2 days. As much as I would love for a legit TBC server to succeed.
studyquran.org/resources/Quran_Reformist_Translation.pdf
Submission to God alone and doing good work is the only path to Paradise.
Peace be upon you.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Knirck » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:14 pm

18k is a reasonable number that they reported. There were hovering 3-6k people just watching streams for the opening of the server. Most people watching an empty stream with only a timer are people who wanted to play the game. On top of that all the people who did not watch stream and just F5 the forums/reddit to get in. On top of that there seem to have been DDOX attack at the same time.

Those who are mature will chill and do other stuff work/games/school, and those who are immature just complain on forums about their free services. So if your one of the latter feel free to leave for greener pastures, I'm sure the community will be fine without you.
Knirck
Private
Private

by Kerpy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:19 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if that "ddos" are in fact simply people trying to access their website. Funny thing is it was still down for a long time after they even got cloudflare going. (Seriously who in their right mind release a server without cloudflare protecting their website)..
Kerpy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ickuss » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Launch was really bad but unless you're completely unaware of how servers work you'd realize 1 week to prepare for literally 10x the player base you were expecting isn't enough... If you didn't foresee this you're either too optimistic or dumb
Ickuss
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Off topic