Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

by Docholy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 am

So the Playtbc guys have already mentioned they will be selling (for IRL cash) trading card items, now it seems they will be selling popular names. I'm down to donate to cover cost of a good server, but this server isn't even up and its already setting up a racket. What will they sell next?

I've only experienced Nos for a private server (yes I'm lucky) what else might be sold by Playtbc and does this show a disturbing trend?
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Playtbc going down the wrong path, from the get go!

by Fair » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:03 am

Not THAT familiar with private servers so I might be wrong but i think finding one like nost where you cant buy anything is a lot rarer than finding p servers that sell gear
Fair
Grunt
Grunt

by Digsby » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:05 am

I'm done wasting my time with them. Selling names is the last straw for me.
Digsby
Private
Private

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:17 am

Could you provide a link for where they say the whole thing about the popular name selling?

As for the trading card items, it's the items you could buy back in TBC, so I don't see much problem with that, since it's only a cosmetic thing anyways.
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Glader » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:20 am

PlayTBC will be shit, hands down no question.

Nostalrius was going to have a great TBC realm and they had at least one veteran TBC developer working on the it which was Robinsch who can be seen on the git org here https://github.com/NostalriusTBC

Why do I say this? Well, if we can trust Nostalrius to deliver a quality realm we should trust their developers to judge other potential realms.

Go ahead and read his opinions on PlayTBC and Corecraft. In his opinion the developers are terrible, the thought of TBC being ready anytime soon is a joke and that people should be hesistant as these people seem to have no clue.

Here is Rob's reddit history https://www.reddit.com/user/robinsch
Glader
Sergeant
Sergeant

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:55 am

I wasn't able to get a direct answer from any of the GMs about it thus far, but if it's true, than that's the deal breaker for me, one thing is selling stuff that was buy-able with RL money back in TBC, I can sort of let that pass, but selling names is not only not Blizz-like, it's directly impacting the RPG element of the game.

Some people are already defending it buy saying "well the players are going to do that anyways" they seem to be totally oblivious to the difference between a fair competition and a rigged game.

If a player is fast enough and get's a name, sure, I might not be in favor of any type of name selling going on, but still, it was won in a fair competition, and that's a huge difference from a GM just reserving a name instantly.

I ofc hope this is not true, but it's already left a bad taste in my mouth just reading some of the playtbc fanboy comments about it, they were so quick to just accept another moving of the goal post.

I'm going to wait for an official confirmation about this, but if it's true, than I'm out.
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fair » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:00 am

Cant find on forums but I checked into their q&a stream and it is definitely true. Then again they change their position on problems all the time and the whole thing isnt even running yet so who even knows at this point.

Check it out, it could be fun, but, really - expect it to suck and hope to be surprised.
Fair
Grunt
Grunt

by Thefilth » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:05 am

Sounds good to me. It annoyed me to see hundreds of Drakedogs, Athenes, Vurtnes or other MMO celebs. Atleast now, on PlayTBC, the gagreflex-triggering fanboyism will come at a cost. Hopefully a steep one.

As for buying the murloc pet or epic tabard, who cares?
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by MadAxeThrower » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:12 am

If they are even discussing something like that to begin with, it's a bad sign.

It's too bad really, because from listening to one of the live streams, they were really being quite adamant about keeping everything as Blizz-like as possible.

For me, as I said before, selling names is a deal breaker, I'd rather lose my name in a fair competition, than to get it 100% by buying it from the server (not that I was planning on using a popular/famous name to being with) but that's not the point, I have the money, I just don't want to play that type of game, I want to play a game where I can feel a sense of agency, where I know that it is my skill and determination that makes the real difference.
MadAxeThrower
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Drain » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:14 am

Players will also sell accounts and gold. Doesn't mean the game should. The game's devs should actually go out of their way to stop all of these as much as possible.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Off topic