Vanilla.RE - Nostal Reborn

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Vanilla.RE - Nostal Reborn

by gamerspt » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looks like the folks at vanilla.re launched a Beta within the past couple days, I haven't seen much chatter about it over here and was wondering what everyone thinks?

https://vanilla.re/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=307

It looks pretty good to me, however I know some people were accusing them of not being legit,etc.

Is there any other site that appears to be as serious as re-starting Nostalrius?
Last edited by Abathur on Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread locked;
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Vanilla.RE - Nostal Reborn

by gregoras1 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:12 pm

I created an account there as well and i can asure you the team there is doing a great job and fixing bugs while working on developing the website.
I advise the nostalrius players to give it a try. it has more than 2300 registered users including me!!
gregoras1
Grunt
Grunt

by gamerspt » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:39 pm

Yeah, their team seems professional and they've made a lot of nice changes on the website.

I haven't played the Beta yet, but some people on GD posted about realm first Van Cleef kill lol -- sounds good so far to me.
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

by Gehere » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:09 am

Yeah, this is real. They really mean business, these guys.

Can't wait to see this project transform into my old home, once Nostalrius release their core to the public.

Nice population too - considering the reputation most people give this server.

Why is it considered a scam? Does anyone know?
Gehere
Grunt
Grunt

by gregoras1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:15 am

If we keep supporting this project and get all of the community to play on it it can hopefully become the next nostalrius :D
gregoras1
Grunt
Grunt

by Noxm » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:04 pm

that is big scam, i dont even know how they can assume to take the name nostalrius.. and be associate with them.

Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by gamerspt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Noxm wrote:that is big scam, i dont even know how they can assume to take the name nostalrius.. and be associate with them.

Vanilla.re is Nostalrius Reborn --

Nostalrius Begins will soon cease to exist so they are continuing on the work.

How would it be a scam?
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

by gamerspt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:07 pm

Gehere wrote:Yeah, this is real. They really mean business, these guys.

Can't wait to see this project transform into my old home, once Nostalrius release their core to the public.

Nice population too - considering the reputation most people give this server.

Why is it considered a scam? Does anyone know?

I think people are upset that they are using the Nostalrius name.

However since Nostalrius team said they will not continue I do not see why this is a big deal for someone to take the mantle.
gamerspt
Grunt
Grunt

by juwanski » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:02 pm

They never said they are associated with the Nost team, get your facts straight. Also how is this a scam? for it to be a scam you need to lose something... what will u lose if it is a "scam"? the character you no longer have? the account info that you should know not to use everywhere else? ( people got their shit hacked on Nost because they used the same account info somewhere else)

so the question is, wtf are people worried about a scam for?
People being butthurt about them using the same name is just funny, ask blizz how they feel about that, too soon?
juwanski
Tester

by Nexxius » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:28 am

They are not claiming to be the original Nostalrius, there are two servers who have used the name outside of the original one. They are simply using the name which may end up being changed with time.

Outside of that the server so far has an excellent and growing community, there are guilds forming and people intently leveling. The staff are handling nearly all the bugs they can -vigilantly- which is more I can say for many other private servers. I have seen absolutely no toxicity on the forums or in game and nearly all the quests I've done work perfectly and if not are fixed with a simple post on the forums.

We may be treated as scammers for simple use of names but I assure you that the server is excellent and if you try it, it speaks for itself.
Nexxius
Tester

Next

Return to Off topic