What do you guys think legacy servers might look like?

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

What do you guys think legacy servers might look like?

by Wolfrig » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Let's assume that they do happen, and that blizzard doesn't completely fuck it up and actually makes something good.

Do you guys think it would start with patch 1.0 and work it's way through patches, talents and stuff? Or do you think they would start with 1.12 talents and spells like pservers start now, while progressing content like they did a decade ago?

Basically, do you think the legacy servers would run and progress just like vanilla did back then, or will they take a somewhat different, more pserver-like approach?
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: What do you guys think legacy servers might look like?

by Docholy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:47 pm

I suspect the game will start as vanilla as possible without bugs with progressive content/patches.
https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime- ... -community
Why stop at Rank 12 you ask? I ask myself that all the time!
Docholy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lotias » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 pm

My (unexpert) opinion or guess are that they will do a bit like nost. Start on a 1.12.1 patch in order to have a bunch of bug fixed as well as some "more" content included, then launch content in stages. Either by a "real" timeline or as soon as it gets fixed. I kinda hope for a "real" timeline which then leads into TBC and Wotlk
Lotias
Grunt
Grunt

by Lokrosh » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:17 pm

Lotias wrote:My (unexpert) opinion or guess are that they will do a bit like nost. Start on a 1.12.1 patch in order to have a bunch of bug fixed as well as some "more" content included, then launch content in stages. Either by a "real" timeline or as soon as it gets fixed. I kinda hope for a "real" timeline which then leads into TBC and Wotlk

My dream would be Vanilla-TBC and then make a new expansion that follows TBC, but in the mold of vanilla and TBC, so no groupfinder, quality of life improvements, pruning, making menus out of everything, etc.

Start a completely different branch of WoW, which sticks a lot closer to the old version, but with new story and gameplay ofcourse.

Obviously this will never happen though.
Lokrosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Off topic