Death of Elysium, birth of Light's Hope

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Death of Elysium, birth of Light's Hope

by smilkovpetko » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Crackéd wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:I don't have problems they divide into two , my personal problem is why Whitekidney had to do it on a matter of stealing the project.

By stealing i mean this :

1- Deleting and screwing whole database of Elysium , picking the most recent updates on his own,letting Elysium down with old backups to force whole playerbase moving instead having a choice to remain or leave.

He could do in a way of copy , exposing the truth , bringing his team and moving together with Staff and community.

Instead he did the opposite , this is not the way to become a project at all and will lead into future failure (unfortunately).

What bothers me is if anyone compare Nostalrius with this , Nostalrius database was not stolen forcefully , it was given to Elysium at their own risk and at their own choice.

What Whitekidney did was stealing by force and destroying by force Elysium database in order to make his own Project.

It is truth that the community builds up an project , but you can't just screw someone by force and stealing stuffs which was never your.

Neither Staden,nor Whitekidney was there before LGN fiasco , neither they have rights to own by force something they did not create and was not given to them.

No offense, but this should be taken into account , i am not defending Elysium for being corrupted, but what was done was disaster and i am really sad to say , it wont last long because it was done like that, it was extremely unprofessional and extremely in a dictatorship way.

I sympathise with this. But at this point I feel like Loght's hope could just copy DB and give it back to Elysium and very few people would go back. If we are only talking about in game stuff, the almost all of the lag is gone under the new host / hw. Elysium was lag ridden for months and no one could fix it, explaining it with threading issues (when in fact 10k people using their own thread is nothing), and yet, it was something much simpler after all.

It was told that Whitekidney did the Glitch to the core to cause this lags by purpose , he was prepared for such offensive action long before it was done.

I am speaking from what was told and admitted.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Pottu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Redcap wrote:I made a statement claiming a set of situations which were backed up with images that include timestamps and descriptions. What you've offered was a rant and no proof that Whitekidney never completed even one transaction with a customer for gold, character leveling, exploits, or bots involving the Nostalrius server.
Trying to change my mind isn't relevant. What is relevant is that readers can compare the image record with your words and come to their own conclusions.

Discourse with you seems to be pointless. You know full well that I cannot prove a negative and my earlier response was not a rant.

The image compilation has a screenshot of Whitekidney saying that he thought about selling gold on Nostalrius. I told you that, to my knowledge, he never did. He wasn't banned. Perhaps he was a criminal mastermind and was never caught. Or perhaps he never sold gold on Nostalrius. With all this drama surrounding him, I would have expected somebody to actually out him for that. Nobody did back when he joined the Elysium team and nobody has done so now. And just as importantly, in the initial interview that Crogge & Shenna gave out, they did not accuse WK of selling gold on either Nostalrius or Elysium.

Furthermore, we have already published a list of our early donators. We will keep doing that as well as being transparent on how the money is being used on. You're free to play without donating if you're skeptical of course.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by gangstabitch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:05 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
What bothers me is if anyone compare Nostalrius with this , Nostalrius database was not stolen forcefully , it was given to Elysium at their own risk and at their own choice.

Nost character database and source code were given under a promise which was broken by Elysium Devs. Light's Hope is just another promise that can be easily broken too. ;)
(ancient black lotus cry)
gangstabitch
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wirt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Pottu wrote:
Redcap wrote:I made a statement claiming a set of situations which were backed up with images that include timestamps and descriptions. What you've offered was a rant and no proof that Whitekidney never completed even one transaction with a customer for gold, character leveling, exploits, or bots involving the Nostalrius server.
Trying to change my mind isn't relevant. What is relevant is that readers can compare the image record with your words and come to their own conclusions.
The image compilation has a screenshot of Whitekidney saying that he thought about selling gold on Nostalrius. I told you that, to my knowledge, he never did. He wasn't banned.
More specifically, he created a thread about selling gold on Nostalrius and even set a price for it. He then deleted the thread and was confronted in another thread of his which he created to trade exploits, also on Nostalrius. He admitted to having created the gold selling thread and said he still had plans on doing it (http://archive.is/8ASQf).
Pottu wrote:Perhaps he was a criminal mastermind and was never caught. Or perhaps he never sold gold on Nostalrius.
I just love how you draw the conclusion that either Whitekidney is a criminal mastermind or he didn't sell any gold on Nostalrius. Dude, who are you trying to fool? Nobody believes you must be a criminal mastermind in order to succeed with selling gold on private servers. If people are successful at it on retail they'll more than likely succeed in the private servers scene.
Pottu wrote:With all this drama surrounding him, I would have expected somebody to actually out him for that. Nobody did back when he joined the Elysium team and nobody has done so now. And just as importantly, in the initial interview that Crogge & Shenna gave out, they did not accuse WK of selling gold on either Nostalrius or Elysium.
Crogge did say Whitekidney sold gold on Nostalrius: https://i.imgur.com/da6PBbp.png
In the meeting Ghostly also says Whitekidney sold gold on Nostalrius, 12:03: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huH76Mv ... e=youtu.be
Wirt
Private
Private

by Rawyn » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Yo Pottu sorry for disturb, im an old player since Nostalrius, maybe u have heard my name already around maybe not, u are the only 1 that i trust. But i wanna say also my opinion on all this drama, no1 won srsly. I did come online a few mins ago and Anathema got 610 ppl online.... in the last months i did HELP alot of ppl (low levels) doing istance and levelling cos they always were short of tanks or healers, 2 guilds were growing (levelling guilds) Trolling for horde and Karma, now ofc those low levels aint online levelling cos they are scattered and prolly they dont know what to do. Anathema was starting at least to dont loose players, i did my best to help out the server, no1 won this war mate. Thanks for the time u spent reading this.
Rawyn
Private
Private

by Winterflaw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 am

smilkovpetko wrote:It was told that Whitekidney did the Glitch to the core to cause this lags by purpose , he was prepared for such offensive action long before it was done.

Speaking as a professional software developer, with a great deal of back-end experience, I find this very hard to credit, because code which has this effect obviously has this effect, and other people would have noticed it and wondered why the hell it was done.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by cybaster » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am

Winterflaw wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:It was told that Whitekidney did the Glitch to the core to cause this lags by purpose , he was prepared for such offensive action long before it was done.

Speaking as a professional software developer, with a great deal of back-end experience, I find this very hard to credit, because code which has this effect obviously has this effect, and other people would have noticed it and wondered why the hell it was done.

Agreed. As far as conspiracy theories go, this one is completely irrational. There is no evidence to support the idea that Whitekidney had the freedom from oversight that, say, Crogge abused.
cybaster
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

cybaster wrote:
Winterflaw wrote:

Agreed. As far as conspiracy theories go, this one is completely irrational. There is no evidence to support the idea that Whitekidney had the freedom from oversight that, say, Crogge abused.

Same as Whitekidney deleted the whole Database , yes it is truth and he had that freedom to do it.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Winterflaw » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 am

smilkovpetko wrote:
cybaster wrote:Agreed. As far as conspiracy theories go, this one is completely irrational. There is no evidence to support the idea that Whitekidney had the freedom from oversight that, say, Crogge abused.

Same as Whitekidney deleted the whole Database , yes it is truth and he had that freedom to do it.

There's a difference between what you can do, and what you can do without it being noticed.

WK clearly can do pretty much anything. However, when you do something obvious - like deleting the databases - everyone notices, and right away.

The earlier allegation, which I found hard to credit, was the idea WK introduced code into the server which caused lag. I've no doubt he *could* do this, but what makes it hard to credit is that it could be done without anyone else noticing, either when it was done or on and ongoing basis. Such code is very strange, would be noticed, and people would then ask questions. It's not something which can be done covertly, and the allegation is that it was done, covertly, and that no one else noticed, and so I find it hard to credit.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by snawfu » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Yes yes, very machiavellian of him - well done on his part. Real question is, what will you do now that you can't lick Shenna's boots?
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic