The general chat is crazy...

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

The general chat is crazy...

by Denim » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 am

Someone just told me that nos aint using the leaked feenix-core. Some admin please just mute such blant ignorance please!
I mean cmon I just cant stand the generalchat anymore ffs...
Denim
Private
Private

Re: The general chat is crazy...

by Randomuser4200 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 am

Denim wrote:Someone just told me that nos aint using the leaked feenix-core. Some admin please just mute such blant ignorance please!
I mean cmon I just cant stand the generalchat anymore ffs...

Randomuser4200
Grunt
Grunt

by DrunkenEnvy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:18 am

Are you trying to imply that anyone would want to use something produced by that shithole? If this was using the Feenix core, it would crash every 5 seconds.

They give their core out to anyone who asks, and apparently only two have asked. I can imagine there's a good reason why only two have asked.

Athairne is so desperate. I bet you're Athairne.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Denim » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:15 am

"Feenix core, it would crash every 5 seconds."

Guess we are playing dif servers then, as ive never once got my char rollbacked to the days Greece had money.
Denim
Private
Private

by DrunkenEnvy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:17 am

Denim wrote:"Feenix core, it would crash every 5 seconds."

Guess we are playing dif servers then, as ive never once got my char rollbacked to the days Greece had money.

Feenix was so laggy that it was a potato until recently when everyone quit so nobody can lag it. There were crash bugs that went unfixed for years too. Peak hours before it died with 1-1.5k players was laggy.

Peak hours on Nostalrius with 6k+ players has no lag (after the recent updates). Before the update, it didn't lag at all with 4k.
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Denim » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:26 am

DrunkenEnvy wrote:
Denim wrote:"Feenix core, it would crash every 5 seconds."

Feenix was so laggy that it was a potato until recently when everyone quit so nobody can lag it. There were crash bugs that went unfixed for years too. Peak hours before it died with 1-1.5k players was laggy.

Peak hours on Nostalrius with 6k+ players has no lag (after the recent updates). Before the update, it didn't lag at all with 4k.

Its not just copied, they ovs made imp to stability, but me and hundred others are using the same exploits as back on feenix, get a grip. Son.
Denim
Private
Private

by Pop » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Lol Drunkenenvy you don't know shit, you are completely clueless.
Before i say my words this is not me defending feenix, BUT saying this server is has more quality then current feenix is a bloody joke.

And now to the core, haha if you only knew! This is a leaked core they taken from Mangos actually before their Core Merge that Feenix had at 2013. (aka the shitty one)
This doesn't mean its completely the same since ofc they can fix quests for the lvling experience and etc so they probably had some time to cover things up.

Some exemples out of a pile stock that its the leaked core:
Ragnaros, wipe on his adds, run back buff up and kill him without tank - voila, exact same bugg on ED for example most PuG's did this and every player that played there can confirm this.
World Epics, Boss drops, Herbs and etc: A tuned up rate for 10-12x which feenix had before their core merge at 2013, every player played there again can confirm they had. Hence the player who got 5 aclors and so to many people running around with world epics for example.

I can just continue with example exact same duping methods, feenix had.
and on and on and on...
"Post more then if you have more 'proof'"
Sorry not gonna spend more of my time cus i will prolly get a reply "Bullshit leave the server if thats now the case blablabla u fucking idiot"

This is enough proof for none-potatoes.

Enjoy ur time on Nost all i can say, the overhyped, false marketing server which says feenix is so much worse when they are just bunch of copycats.

True story. :)
- Popco/Popko/Co
Pop
Grunt
Grunt

by BK2710 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Hitler is Obama in disguise, anyone interested in politics knows that.
This is enough proof for "none-potatoes".

If only providing proof was that simple.
BK2710
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dep » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:12 am

Pop wrote:Lol Drunkenenvy you don't know shit, you are completely clueless.
Before i say my words this is not me defending feenix, BUT saying this server is has more quality then current feenix is a bloody joke.

And now to the core, haha if you only knew! This is a leaked core they taken from Mangos actually before their Core Merge that Feenix had at 2013. (aka the shitty one)
This doesn't mean its completely the same since ofc they can fix quests for the lvling experience and etc so they probably had some time to cover things up.

Some exemples out of a pile stock that its the leaked core:
Ragnaros, wipe on his adds, run back buff up and kill him without tank - voila, exact same bugg on ED for example most PuG's did this and every player that played there can confirm this.
World Epics, Boss drops, Herbs and etc: A tuned up rate for 10-12x which feenix had before their core merge at 2013, every player played there again can confirm they had. Hence the player who got 5 aclors and so to many people running around with world epics for example.

I can just continue with example exact same duping methods, feenix had.
and on and on and on...
"Post more then if you have more 'proof'"
Sorry not gonna spend more of my time cus i will prolly get a reply "Bullshit leave the server if thats now the case blablabla u fucking idiot"

This is enough proof for none-potatoes.

Enjoy ur time on Nost all i can say, the overhyped, false marketing server which says feenix is so much worse when they are just bunch of copycats.

True story. :)

Let me explain this to you and everyone else.
The "Core" is not what you think it is.

For example let's take a look at a "bugged" drop rate.
All the drop rates are stored in some kind of a database, most likely MySQL.
In said database we have a table, let's call it mob_loottables.
In mob_loottables we have columns for which mob, what loot and what chance to drop.
Say mob with the id 123, item with the id 321 and 0,13% chance to drop.

Now if I asked you to fill this database with all the loot tables in the game, how would you do it? It's a lot of work and you wouldn't be able to complete it in a lifetime.

Introducing; Open Source projects! Nostalrius most likely bases on a database called MangosZeroDB, so does probably every other vanilla server out there. Feenix has nothing to do with this, and this has nothing to do with the "core".

What is this "core" then?
It's the piece closest to the client on the server. The core is the network handling, what to do with packet x? Send packet y to player z and forth. All the basic mechanics like what happens when I send /inv Jack, what happens when Jack accepts.

/rant
Dep
Tester

by potcorn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 am

DrunkenEnvy wrote:Are you trying to imply that anyone would want to use something produced by that shithole? If this was using the Feenix core, it would crash every 5 seconds.
And we would get a staff response a week later in the style of "s-sorry, guise it was dee dee oh ess" and for every other stability-related problem Nost faced.
potcorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Off topic