Scam server using Nostalrius name

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Scam server using Nostalrius name

by Pottu » Wed May 27, 2020 4:30 pm

As some of you might have noticed, there's a new private server using the Nostalrius name and claiming to have Nostalrius staff members onboard. In addition, there is a forged Discord screenshot going around where supposedly I'm endorsing them. Their website has several outright lies about Nostalrius and their representative on Reddit has also made highly inaccurate claims.

This seems to be a scam of some sort. Obviously nobody from Nostalrius is involved and I would never endorse such a project in any case. Whether they are trying to get usernames and passwords or they are just desperate on getting players, I can't tell, but it certainly looks real bad.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Re: Scam server using Nostalrius name

by terooe » Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 pm

here we go
terooe
Tester

by zandalarius » Wed May 27, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm on their discord right now, for the memes, here's what the owner, auriel, is saying:

"Well I dont like talking about someone who isn't here. If he'd like to chat about our identity - that would be great. Otherwise, we're sticking to our guns and focusing on launch."

"Pottu quit the scene. We didnt reach out to him. We had a small group of ex staff in a chat. Thats how this started."

"Well hopefully we'll see what the old team members think about it. Should have an answer today."

"Little strange for him to say that if he hasn't spoken to any of our staff members, isn't it?"

"Nobody will reveal their Nost tags by me telling them to. If they want to, they will in time.Its not up to me to tell people if they want to open themselves up to risk or not."

I assure you, the memes are on point there.

"Theres no dodging. We're not outing old staff members yet."
zandalarius
Tester

by Falathrin » Wed May 27, 2020 5:35 pm

Pottu, any chance you can join their Discord (REMOVED) and set things straight?

They're claiming you haven't spoken to them and don't know who's on the project etc.

Removed discord link - Akasso
Falathrin
Tester

by zandalarius » Wed May 27, 2020 5:46 pm

I agree with falathrin: there are ACTUAL people on this guy's discord who risk getting scammed if nothing is done to show that they're scammers. Get there and tell people that literally no one on his discord is from nostalrius, and that no one is working for him, and this joke will be over soon.

Thank you Pottu
zandalarius
Tester

by Irenicus_LH » Wed May 27, 2020 5:48 pm

I called them out on it and provided facts and they banned me for it.

Pretty clear what's going on here, no?

edit: I'd also like to point out a 2nd Nost staff member has come in and removed the discord link for Falathrin's post. They claimed "most everyone" had their forum access removed but clearly this is not the case.

Shady.
Last edited by Irenicus_LH on Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irenicus_LH
Tester

by Pottu » Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm

I have left the scene and have no interest in joining a project. I only made this post because they use the name Nostalrius and someone pretending to be me has endorsed them. Whether it's a troll or someone from their team, I don't know.

Feel free to link this thread to people in Discord and Reddit as proof. Any legitimate Nostalrius staff member can post here or even edit my post.

If they change their name and stop claiming Nostalrius staff members endorsing or joining them, then it's all good and I'll wish them good luck.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by akasso » Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Too follow up what Pottu has said, be VERY careful giving out your username/password if you do decide to join their server.

It has no affiliation to Nostalrius.

akasso
Game Master
Game Master

by zandalarius » Wed May 27, 2020 6:32 pm

@akasso @pottu

Something else that needs to be said. They're asking for private information in their registration page:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png

It appears as optional obviously, but it's in order to appear less suspicious, some people are gonna do it...

This is disgusting, really.
zandalarius
Tester

by Ohhgee » Wed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm

sup pottu

fake nost is fake.
Last edited by Ohhgee on Thu May 28, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Off topic