Scam server using Nostalrius name

Discuss anything here. But do not forget that our rules still apply !

Re: Scam server using Nostalrius name

by Wosh » Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm

hey guys, thanks for the confirmation even if it was stinky enough.

I'm baffled at the low level of scam and lie that run rampant on r/wowservers and I'm even more baffled to see there are people to fall for it. what happened? it was in the food at school? chemtrails? no tinfoil hat?
Wosh
Grunt
Grunt

by akasso » Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Hey all, I have spoken in depth with Auriel and unfortunately they are not willing to give me 100% proof they are ex-Nost staff. I asked for a simple PM on the Nost forums or a post in staff chat which they declined.

I have asked several question regards Nost activates and have a mixed reply of information some of which is public and some vague answers however it is now many years ago since Nost closed. I am not able state 100% if they do / do not have Nost staff on board (Sorry guys, but they could of made it so simple to confirm). However 3 members of the Nost team have confirmed that are not part of it, more may do so soon.

So my conclusion is this, Use this server with CAUTION! They are clearly trying to take some credit from the Nost name. Also they are asking (Optionally!) for your First & Last name during registration which is a red flag. If you choose to use this private server do NOT re-use any usernames / password from other servers.
akasso
Game Master
Game Master

by darklycan » Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 pm

akasso wrote:Hey all, I have spoken in depth with Auriel and unfortunately they are not willing to give me 100% proof they are ex-Nost staff. I asked for a simple PM on the Nost forums or a post in staff chat which they declined.

I have asked several question regards Nost activates and have a mixed reply of information some of which is public and some vague answers however it is now many years ago since Nost closed. I am not able state 100% if they do / do not have Nost staff on board (Sorry guys, but they could of made it so simple to confirm). However 3 members of the Nost team have confirmed that are not part of it, more may do so soon.

So my conclusion is this, Use this server with CAUTION! They are clearly trying to take some credit from the Nost name. Also they are asking (Optionally!) for your First & Last name during registration which is a red flag. If you choose to use this private server do NOT re-use any usernames / password from other servers.

Thank you akasso, you were truly helpful to the community for confirming this stuff, seriously thank you.
darklycan
Tester

by zandalarius » Wed May 27, 2020 9:52 pm

akasso wrote:Hey all, I have spoken in depth with Auriel and unfortunately they are not willing to give me 100% proof they are ex-Nost staff. I asked for a simple PM on the Nost forums or a post in staff chat which they declined.

Thank you Pottu. This guy is just a huge fraud honestly, and the entire thing is shady.
zandalarius
Tester

by RIPPAHREKT » Thu May 28, 2020 3:57 am

My favorite GM that banned me few times, glad you survived the outbreak :lol: :lol:
RIPPAHREKT
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Off topic