What timeline do people RP in, on this server?

Role-play forum section.

What timeline do people RP in, on this server?

by IvoryOwl92 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm

I ask because this is a vanilla server and I'm not sure if that affects RP or not.
Do you take into consideration the new expansions (and the historical events that have happened more recently) or do you stick to "vanilla" because that's the server you're in (and lack access to the other regions + the world looks different in comparison to Cata for example)?
IvoryOwl92
Tester

Re: What timeline do people RP in, on this server?

by VeloxBanks » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:46 pm

I'm not too much into RP (since it's kinda hard with the RP channel being dead) but I'm pretty sure an alliance player won't run up to a worgen enemy and /hug them same as a horde won't run arround high elves (most likely hostile ones) pretending they're blood elves. Sounds like setting things up so they "feel" like modern WoW is too much of a hassle. Pretty sure it would generaly be more fun to RP in the Vanilla setting and just going with it.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by zamug » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I stick to vanilla canon; this is a vanilla world, why would the great Zamug have any notion of that which happens in expansions?
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Talendril » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Basically, the vanilla era in Warcraft history is a time of Cold War, between the alliance and horde, the Victories at mount hyjal were meant to settle things down temporarily, but tensions started to rise between the factions at this point hence the classic cinematic, while the quiraj rises from the south and the scourge threat grows north. But at this point, a few stuff happens there and here.
Talendril
Private
Private

by IvoryOwl92 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:56 pm

Talendril wrote:Basically, the vanilla era in Warcraft history is a time of Cold War, between the alliance and horde, the Victories at mount hyjal were meant to settle things down temporarily, but tensions started to rise between the factions at this point hence the classic cinematic, while the quiraj rises from the south and the scourge threat grows north. But at this point, a few stuff happens there and here.

I believe you misunderstood me... :P
I meant to know if role-players take into consideration the new content/expansions or if they stick to the vanilla timeline because we're in a vanilla server. The other two peeps already cleared off my doubts but thanks for the info anyway. :)
IvoryOwl92
Tester

by Talendril » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Basically, to answer your question, yes they do stick with the time period in lore, and sorry for going off topic :) :D
Talendril
Private
Private

Return to Role Play