Gold Guide

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Gold Guide

by Guffles » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Video Guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrqckolpTjQ

Written Guide:

Capital:

What do I need to start dominating the Auction House?

I would recommend 10g capital.

Guide Lines:

First things first, your going to need a set amount of capital that you want to spend on dominating the auction house. Just keep in mind the more gold you have, the more gold you will make.

You are always the cheapest on the market. If something is 10s, you undercut for 9s. But make sure your not setting yourself up for failure. For example if you undercut to 1s, you won't have anything left to make a profit off of if the item costs 5s for you to obtain.

Do not sell for cheaper than you bought for. This will result in you losing money.

Get yourself some friends. Try to associate yourself with suppliers, or even farmers. Buy cheap from them so you can resell. For example; I have a friend that farms me items, I sell them, and we split the profit.

Do not dig into your reserved capital to make money. Only use that set amount we talked about earlier. If you couldn't make a profit off of the 10g, maybe flipping isn't for you.

If you want to monopolize an items market, you have to buy out the first page/insanely cheap items/all items (if there are only a few) the first page is where people look the most this might be a bit of a gamble but it can also result in major profit. Continue to relist those items at your undercut price.

Results:

You can easily control the market and set your own prices, resulting in profit.

You will be able to buy and sell more as your finance grows.

Tips:

Stay organized (Example of a spreadsheet to keep track of profits)

Stay competitive. Don't let others take advantage of you.

Keep a well stocked inventory so you can post as soon as your undercut. Example of my inventory after restocking random greens I can sell to levelers or set the price in a market.

Addons:

This is an addon I highly recommend. Without it you would be losing a of time and gold.
Last edited by Guffles on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
Guffles
Private
Private

Re: Gold Guide

by Chevejo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 am

Great guide!

Which addons are u using? Can u post a download link? For me my Auctioneer is real bugged (scan takes forever)
Chevejo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guffles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Honestly mine is bugged as well. Its probably not worth it to use anymore. But I got mine out of this addon pack: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15151
Guffles
Private
Private

by Guffles » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Update:
From 38s (in the video) to 5g 54s 69c

With auctions to spare:
Guffles
Private
Private

by AverageJoe » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Guffles wrote:Do not sell for cheaper than you bought for. This will result in you losing money.

Large numbers of players do this; it's alarming. I've seen stacks of cloth, leather, and other mats with buyouts less than what a vendor would give you.
Last edited by AverageJoe on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Guffles » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:49 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Guffles wrote:Do not sell for cheaper than you bought for. This will result in you losing money.

Large numbers of players do this; it's alarming. I've seen stacks cloth, leather, and other mats with buyouts less than what a vendor would give you.

That broke my heart a little bit
Guffles
Private
Private

by Chevejo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:14 pm

I like it. I am buying their stuff :)
Chevejo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guffles » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:32 pm

Chevejo wrote:I like it. I am buying their stuff :)

There will always be people that are more knowledgeable that others. That's why there are bosses and workers. Enjoy friend! ;)
Guffles
Private
Private

by toolshed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

I have gone from 10g to ~300g buying/selling on the AH in the past month or so. The #1 loss for me has been deposits on the AH, because once you get into the 10-15g range items tend to not sell on the first post to the AH. My hypothesis was that there was a relationship between the merchant sale value (which links to the deposit amount on the AH), and the profit of an item. I played around and found a great formula that I have been using to make very very low risk buys on the AH, so I can have a steady stream of income

1) Download Auctioneer and Enchantrix (important to find out the MSV [merchant sale value], 2) Do regular scans, 3) Make sure the profit(g)/MSV is above 3. Theory/numbers below along with a chart that you can use to cross-reference and see if buying an item is worth it on the AH.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Just look at the item you want to buy, find the profit on the table, and then look at the MSV of the item. Low profit/MSV = you need to sell it ASAP, and might actually only have one or two postings in order to make a profit. Higher number = better.

Following this formula I stay away from a lot of weapons (high MSV) and higher level armor. The best things are the stuff with low or no MSV: enchanting shards, schematics/tradeskill scrolls, and twink gear.

Also - don't try to sell every green you find on the AH. There are going to be certain stat/armor type combos that just won't ever sell so posting them on the AH is an instant loss. Level up an alt to 5, train enchanting, and DE that stuff. Most of the time the shards are just as much as the vendor price, plus you get a ~5% chance to get something 4-5x the cost of the vendor price

Good luck and happy scans
toolshed
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guffles » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:26 pm

toolshed wrote:I have gone from 10g to ~300g buying/selling on the AH in the past month or so. The #1 loss for me has been deposits on the AH, because once you get into the 10-15g range items tend to not sell on the first post to the AH. My hypothesis was that there was a relationship between the merchant sale value (which links to the deposit amount on the AH), and the profit of an item. I played around and found a great formula that I have been using to make very very low risk buys on the AH, so I can have a steady stream of income

1) Download Auctioneer and Enchantrix (important to find out the MSV [merchant sale value], 2) Do regular scans, 3) Make sure the profit(g)/MSV is above 3. Theory/numbers below along with a chart that you can use to cross-reference and see if buying an item is worth it on the AH.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Just look at the item you want to buy, find the profit on the table, and then look at the MSV of the item. Low profit/MSV = you need to sell it ASAP, and might actually only have one or two postings in order to make a profit. Higher number = better.

Following this formula I stay away from a lot of weapons (high MSV) and higher level armor. The best things are the stuff with low or no MSV: enchanting shards, schematics/tradeskill scrolls, and twink gear.

Also - don't try to sell every green you find on the AH. There are going to be certain stat/armor type combos that just won't ever sell so posting them on the AH is an instant loss. Level up an alt to 5, train enchanting, and DE that stuff. Most of the time the shards are just as much as the vendor price, plus you get a ~5% chance to get something 4-5x the cost of the vendor price

Good luck and happy scans

Thanks so much for your feedback m8
Guffles
Private
Private

Next

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius