Gold Guide

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Gold Guide

by Clault » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Guffles wrote:
    Do not sell for cheaper than you bought for. This will result in you losing money.

I'm actually really surprised this must be said. If you can't understand this without being told, there is no way your going to be making gold. It's just basic math.

Great guide tho, a question for you.

1. Would you suggest a bank/auction alt - I know on my retail server I legitimately needed one due to people trying to scam me, or know that I am selling a current item and will undercut. Would the anonymity be better?
Clault
Tester

by Guffles » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Clault wrote:
Guffles wrote:
    Do not sell for cheaper than you bought for. This will result in you losing money.

I'm actually really surprised this must be said. If you can't understand this without being told, there is no way your going to be making gold. It's just basic math.

Great guide tho, a question for you.

1. Would you suggest a bank/auction alt - I know on my retail server I legitimately needed one due to people trying to scam me, or know that I am selling a current item and will undercut. Would the anonymity be better?

Some people need spoon fed instructions sadly. And I wouldn't recommend it honestly. On live it might be useful, but on Nostalrius there isn't much competition so it would mainly be a waste of time in my opinion.
Guffles
Private
Private

by Proctologist » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:31 am

bump

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guffles » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Proctologist wrote:bump

:D
Guffles
Private
Private

by Talryx » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Seriously what is the deal with auctioneer? Thought it was just me.

When I scan it says scanned "14,501 auctions" but then it says auctions updated: 0 auctions added: 0 etc - everything after the first line is just 0. With some items it prices them correctly, others it is WAY off.

Also, if you try to use it to say, take a 20 stack of items and post them as 20 auctions of 1 item, it will do it right for some and then screw up the rest (go look at your auctions after and notice the 2stacks next to the 1stacks lol...)

Do you guys know of any alternatives?
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arev » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Talryx wrote:Seriously what is the deal with auctioneer? Thought it was just me.

When I scan it says scanned "14,501 auctions" but then it says auctions updated: 0 auctions added: 0 etc - everything after the first line is just 0.

When this happens are you scanning the entire AH at once? I also had this problem.... If you only select half of the categories at a time (Reagents, Weapons, etc ) it should update/add auctions.

It makes me have to do two scans, but it's the only way I can actually get the data....
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guffles » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:44 pm

Talryx wrote:Seriously what is the deal with auctioneer? Thought it was just me.

When I scan it says scanned "14,501 auctions" but then it says auctions updated: 0 auctions added: 0 etc - everything after the first line is just 0. With some items it prices them correctly, others it is WAY off.

Also, if you try to use it to say, take a 20 stack of items and post them as 20 auctions of 1 item, it will do it right for some and then screw up the rest (go look at your auctions after and notice the 2stacks next to the 1stacks lol...)

Do you guys know of any alternatives?

Tbh there are so many flaws with that addon I'll either make my own or find a different one. I just quit using it all together.
Guffles
Private
Private

by AverageJoe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Wait, Auctioneer is broken? How so? I've never used it, but it's in my addon folder.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Guffles » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:11 pm

AverageJoe wrote:Wait, Auctioneer is broken? How so? I've never used it, but it's in my addon folder.

It doesn't scan properly.
Guffles
Private
Private

by Jorrick » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:08 am

ALso can you help out with something.
Since the scanning isn't really working. How do I know some base value of certain items?
I am a resto shaman and can't really farm effective because of it.
I am herbalism and alchemy ( almost 300 ) and I know I like playing the AH... but what are some items to start checking out for example?
When do I buy? In weekends when there is 13k pop online or during the week?
I gladly receive some explanation on that subject
Jorrick
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius