Terrain.mpq?

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Terrain.mpq?

by rickdiculous » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:01 pm

I've tried to setup Nostalrius from three different sources now with no success. Everything goes smoothly, except for the fact that each time I try it gets hung up on a file called "C:\World of Warcraft Classic\Data\Terrain.MPQ" Anyone know what to do in this situation? I'm not the most computer saavy person out there.

Thanks.
rickdiculous
Tester

Re: Terrain.mpq?

by Wuzzin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Where did you get these 3 installs? Which Operating System is the install for (Windows or Mac)? The installer made by the Nostalrius team can be downloaded for Windows: https://en.nostalrius.org/download-win or for Mac: https://en.nostalrius.org/download-mac. These will take you to a file upload site, you can download them through your browser and bypass downloading their downloader by using the bottom link "Download through your browser". Please give us an update if possible.
Wuzzin
Grunt
Grunt

by rickdiculous » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:36 pm

@wuzzin, I tried downloading it off of the mega thing using both the mega app and my browser, and the community download thing posted in the sticky thread. I am using windows 7
rickdiculous
Tester

by Valandar » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Try disabling your firewall and anti virus (temporarily) and redownloading from the links above as seen on the main website. Sometimes they get a false positive and block it from being downloaded.

Another issue could be windows 7 and the default zip extractor. Try downloading winrar and extract using that instead of the windows unzipper. Let us know if that helps.
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wuzzin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 am

Valandar wrote:Try disabling your firewall and anti virus (temporarily) and redownloading from the links above as seen on the main website. Sometimes they get a false positive and block it from being downloaded.

Another issue could be windows 7 and the default zip extractor. Try downloading winrar and extract using that instead of the windows unzipper. Let us know if that helps.

This ^
Wuzzin
Grunt
Grunt

by rickdiculous » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:15 am

Now, I seemingly have the game installed and everything, but I get this error every single time I try to run the client. http://imgur.com/NVZQsGm
rickdiculous
Tester

by rickdiculous » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:16 am

I've turned all my security settings completely off during my last download and extraction, and I also used WinRAR this time.
rickdiculous
Tester

by Wuzzin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:22 am

Looks like we may need some staff in here, only found 1 other thread about this, and they got no replies.
Wuzzin
Grunt
Grunt

by Valandar » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:48 am

That is a memory dump, something is using too much memory and crashing the client. Delete your WDB and WTF folders, and restart your WoW client. Before logging into your character, click on addons on the left and disable any you installed. Also, change the Script Memory from the default 48 to 150+. Hit apply, and relog. Let me know how that works
Valandar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rickdiculous » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:44 pm

I deleted the WDB and WTF folders. I don't have any addons installed, and I can't access the script memory because my client crashes before it even starts. I tried altering the performance to make it run in lower resolution with less colors etc, but with the same result. I guess some people just weren't meant to play this game.
rickdiculous
Tester

Next

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius