How Blizzlike is Nostalrius?

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

How Blizzlike is Nostalrius?

by Ransurian » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:57 am

Been thinking about getting back into Vanilla after a long hiatus from Feenix, but with Emerald Dream nowhere in sight, I'd like to invest into a new character on a new server. Are there custom scripts, high leveling rates, and other non-Blizzlike features to be aware of?
Ransurian
Tester

Re: How Blizzlike is Nostalrius?

by Pottu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Greetings,

we are strictly 1x when it comes to rates. The one major difference is that, due to the large population on the PvP realm, we have implemented dynamic respawn rates for herbs, ores and common mobs. There are no P2W features or cash shop. We do not offer any name, race, class, faction, gender or appearance change services. We do not restore lost items so be careful with any valuables.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Botmaster5 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:31 pm

Pottu wrote:one major difference is

1.12 client, 1.8 content
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Right, forgot to mention that.

Ransurian, we are aiming to emulate the itemization progression of original vanilla WoW. Currently the PvE realm is on the 1.3 patch with Dire Maul just launched last Sunday and the PvP realm is on 1.8 patch with Nightmare Dragons out for about two weeks now. This means that all items and quests are in the state that they were back in the day during those patches - to the best of our ability, meaning that there might be some issues here and there that you can report at our Bug Tracker.

All mechanics are as per the 1.12.1 patch as that is the version of the client we use.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Glas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:03 am

Pottu can you tell me why members of Nostalrius Staff have put all the NPC's that fight each other in the Field of Strife in Alterac Valley? That is not Blizzlike, and its custom. I have already asked once for reference.

You cant tell me we have to proof that your content is wrong. Can you suggest me something please?

This is not off-topic, its a question for the Blizzlike-Status :(

When i search stuff for Alterac Valley and when i see the Field of Strife on those Screenshots and old Videos, i never see such NPC's in the FoS. I found lots of NPC's around the FoS but not inside it like here on Nostalrius.
Glas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Daemon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:52 am

Hi,

All the changes we implement are Blizzlike changes. However, we intend to keep Alterac in a pre-nerf state, as it was at the beginning of WoW Vanilla.

Regarding the fights occuring in the Field of Strife, it is documented here:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Field_of_Strife
The Field of Strife is an area located in the center of Alterac Valley. It is the "no man's land" of Alterac Valley.

It was previously occupied by NPC forces from both Stormpike Guards and Frostwolf Clan. Those NPC forces have since been removed.

Daemon
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by Rarilmar » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 am

Daemon wrote:Hi,
we intend to keep Alterac in a pre-nerf state, as it was at the beginning of WoW Vanilla.
Daemon

The idea behind this is good... however while players were crying "yes we want all the old stuff and fun long AVs" when server started, this quickly changed as all players seem to be interested in getting they're rep as fast as they can. Also the fact you can not queue as group (NOT BLIZZLIKE AT ALL) makes playing AV not fun/honor-efficient enough to be played during AV weekend. Oh and the 'bugs' that are left in AV and the custom changes like over-protecting the backdoor entrance on A side and not despawning A briege NPCs and 2archers/tower when you take SPGY... it's just kek. On H side this happens when A takes FWGY.
Thing is if you make a poll I bet 90% of the population will vote for the nerfed AV
Rarilmar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Wrathran » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Its not very "blizz like" at all. You hardly never see spam or bots ;)
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Glas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply Daemon,

the Quote doesnt specifically mention where and how many NPC's are in the Field of Strife and the Screenshots and Videos that i found sometimes where i was able to see NPC's that were in the Field of Strife. But those i found were not in the middle fighting each other, but what i found was like a few patrols on the "outter"-edge of the FoS, some NPC's at the Ballistas and Catapults near the Field of Strife.

If i posted every NPC on the Bugtracker that i can find on the Internet (Vanilla ofc), would you put them in there?

It would be great if those NPCs that are currently in the midfield were removed, as there is no specific reference for the amount of them and that they are right there and that they are removed with the appearance of Korrak and/or beating the Captains Galv/Balinda.

There are many spots that are missing NPC's around the Field of Strife.
Glas
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius