Not sure which class - It's been a while.

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Not sure which class - It's been a while.

by Pobezo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:21 am

Sup all,

Played in vanilla, was a big noob but have a fairly accurate handle on vanilla pvp. Gladiator in WOLK and TBC.

One of the main reasons I am coming back to vanilla is to do the pvp grind. I was only 60 for a short while before TBC came out and I really idolized the guys back in vanilla that put in the hard work. I'll be solo queuing grinding AV and the other BGs and will get a starter gear of "pvp BIS" blues from dungeons of course.

I'm struggling with faction and class. I want to be self sufficient and also just wreck people. As a warrior, I know I will need to make friends with some healers but I don't think that to be a problem. Something about a full blue set of gear and an unstoppable force really makes me happy, haha. It's like the one WoW achievement I was never able to get.

Anyways I am really looking for help with choosing the right faction/class.

1. Warlock (Horde only for Obvious Reasons)
2. Mage (Horde or Alliance)
3. Warrior (Horde or Alliance)
4. Shadow Priest (Undead Only)

How is the realm balance and how are these classes fairing in random BGs / solo questing+farming at max level etc? Hoping for some well thought out answers here. Thanks!
Pobezo
Tester

Re: Not sure which class - It's been a while.

by Thatoneguy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:35 am

Go Warlock.

Mages and Warriors are overplayed which means the competition for spots and gear is higher in the end game. Shadow Priests aren't played as much as Warrior and Mage but they only have 1 raiding slot.

Warlock is also a solid PvP choice.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pennydread » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:51 am

Another thing to consider is that alliance have instant BG-queues while Horde have 5-15 wait time.
Pennydread
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fubbzy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 am

Self sufficient and wreck people = sounds like you want lock or spriest (ele sham is also cool). Id say dwarf spriest over ud tbh. Fearward is almost constantly up, and you have stoneform, which gets rid of all poisons/bleeds/diseases (blind, viper sting, devouring plague, etc) so imo its the most self sufficient class/race combo you might enjoy. However, spriests dont have a very high skillcap, so if you want more buttons or duties to do in pvp, lock or mage might be more suited for ya.
Fubbzy
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pobezo » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

I have a 10 gnome mage and a 10 undead lock right now

Scared of Shamans as a mage TBH :) Dwarf priest sounds interesting however I barely enjoy watching my gnome waddle around, don't think I could go dwarf either.

5-15 min queues are something I think I want to avoid, but hows the horde raiding scene? easier to get into pugs for mana igniting cords etc?
Pobezo
Tester

by taavidude » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 am

I would reccomend Warlock. Warriors and Mages are overplayed like thatoneguy said and Shadow Priests will not really be accepted to groups. You are mostly gonna be forced to be a healbot in your group.
taavidude
Tester

by vents » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Warlocks are the easiest class to level on vanilla, in my humble opinion. Warriors and Mages, as said before, are overplayed, and as for shadow Priests, people don't look up to them as it is on WoD. So i wouldn't recommend it.
vents
Tester

by HeAdShOtINC » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 am

Yes my friend the only advice i can give you is Warlock or nothing!! lol.. Seriously though... WARLOCK!
HeAdShOtINC
Tester

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius