Need some help with the installer.

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Need some help with the installer.

by Lompcent » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Hello , i recently came onto nostalrius by accident. And since i started to play in tbc with the real wow i missed the harder times. Being able to be killed by normal mobs and the like. But i have some trouble. the downloading goes fine. and also with the installing everything seems to go fine, when its done i can launch it directly and play.

However after i closed it to see if it worked i noticed one big error. the desktop shortcut i said yes to is nowhere to be seen. I looked up the file name i the installer showed me, however it is nowhere to be found on my laptop. now everytime i want to play i have to reinstall it >.<

Does anyone got an idea how to put the launcher on the destop or anywhere on the laptop? so i dont have to install every single time i want to play
Lompcent
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Need some help with the installer.

by Diametra » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm a mac guy, not windows, but.... I believe if you locate the launcher.exe file in the already downloaded WoW program and right click on it, you can tell it to create shortcut from this file.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lompcent » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Well actually before this post got approved i did several thing that fixed it in the end.

1. i asked for help in the game itself even tho i didnt have sound. so thank you guy in tirisfal glades who tried to help me. i don't remember your char name tho. However no matter what file name i tried to make the folder into nothing appeared, neither did the shortcut.

2. everytime i installed it some launch exe connected to the official WoW warlords of dreanor got made there no matter what i did, so i deinstalled that. still i had no luck with installing it right

3. i tried messing with my firewall (i was using the comodo firewall) . gaming mode made the entire installer dissappear after 4/5 seconds it opened. so i tried turning it off for 15-30 minutes. now i tried to install it again and i got messages of my firewall that i didnt get before. the 3 files in the wow classic map under the installer button all got recognized as a trojan. since i was annoyed after several days of trying to redownloading and reinstalling. i deinstalled the comodo firewall. after this my laptop had to restart. but now the launcher appeared and the sound works too.

so tl:dr, it was the fire wall causing sound and installing problems. i figured i'd post this here in case people had similair problems
Lompcent
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lompcent » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:25 pm

Diametra wrote:I'm a mac guy, not windows, but.... I believe if you locate the launcher.exe file in the already downloaded WoW program and right click on it, you can tell it to create shortcut from this file.

yeah but the problem was no matter how many times i tried to create files during the installation , they never appeared in my computer. no matter under what name i tried and looked. it only was visible when i tried to install it again and had to select the directive. but then at the same time i looked in my computer files normally and it didnt show there. Turns out it was the firewall screwing things over
Lompcent
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius