Beginners questions and confusion

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Beginners questions and confusion

by Silberstein » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi folks!

I started to play on this server today and i have some questions:

- This is a classic 1.12.1 realm, right? I'm also playing on a quality 1.12.1 German realm and i noticed that the damage is higher on nostalrius, and i wonder why? Seal of Righteousness (i think it is) makes 1-3 addtional damage to every swing on lvl1, but in fact on nostalrius it does 6-10. On the German classic realm its 1-3. Also the reg-time of mana and health is a lot faster, and further on its more easy to kill mobs in compare. I usually struggle to survive in the frostmane cave but on here, i kill everything. Whats the reason?

- Lack of dying animations: mobs are just laying on the ground after being killed, without a single frame in between, or at least the speed of falling is winded up extremly. I asked other players and they havent noticed this issue. Is there any fix?

- I always get notifications that player leave or enter channels, which is really annoying if u want to read the chat. I there a way to disable it?

- last question: where is this realm located and where is the main player base located?

Thanks!
Silberstein
Tester

Re: Beginners questions and confusion

by norm964bgb » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi :),

1. some abilites are yet to be fixed. Hunter pets are doing lvl 60 damage at lvl 30. The server is brandnew and supposedly a bit rushed to beat Kronos (that worked :D). Therefore you have to have a bit patience to see abilities fixed (warrior charge was fixed just recently).

2. Dying animations are bugged. Many mobs like lions, harpies, molten elementals in RFC dont have death animations. That was just lack of fine tuning. It's bad but I think they will fix it when they have fixed the biggest bugs like wrong damage from class abilites and stuff.

3. Get this addon: https://github.com/jsb/NoJoinLeaveSpam/tree/master and you are free of it. But I heard there are console commands to deal with it too. I dont know, I use the addon.

4. The realm is located in France. I'm german and I have ping of 15-25. :3 Main playerbase is central and wester europe + USA.

You're welcome. :)
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius