Making a school club need advice

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Making a school club need advice

by crpower » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:00 pm

So I am making a club in school where we would all play wow, but I have a feeling that some of them aren't going to know how to play or they only played on retail, how should I explain vanilla to them, also since we will be making a guild any good guild leader tips to offer?
crpower
Tester

Re: Making a school club need advice

by Rhena » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 pm

a club in school where we would all play wow

Wow school changed a lot since i left it...
Author of LunaUnitFrames - The most advanced unit frames for classic WoW. Visit my GitHub page for them and some other tools i wrote.
Rhyna - Warrior | Nost PvP | Alliance
Rhena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Caracoltv » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Don't spoil the game for them, show them a DB (vanillagaming is the one I use ATM, maybe someone could suggest a better one) explain them how to use it (IE: dungeon/zone quests) and get them rapidquest.
If you will play together you can answer THEIR questions or show them where to quest/where are the questgivers and so on.
But let them explore and shit, this game feels new if you have only played TBC+ and/or play a new race (Sourde: I had only played TBC, made a race/class I had never played)
Caracoltv
Tester

by crpower » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:48 pm

So, Just show them a Database for vanilla and let them go nuts? We would all be playing together, atleast in the same faction so we can get a Club Guild up. Should I tell them the lore of some of the things, or no?
crpower
Tester

by crpower » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Also, this would hopefully mean that the students would play out of school as well, what should I do so we could get a guild site up, I don't have money to pay for a site. Just google Guild Site Creator or something like that? or just have a forum thread for the guild?
crpower
Tester

by Diametra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:14 pm

The problem with those stand alone guild sites is, no one goes to them. It's much easier and efficient to use what you already use...especially for school kids. Use a facebook site and twitter.

You don't need to tell them anything about the World of WoW except a brief overview unless your club is setup with some specific parameters. Part of the fun of WoW is "discovery". It's much more enjoyable to discuss what one has discovered rather than what they are about to discover.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by crpower » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:29 pm

So just make a facebook page, and maybe just say some basic lore behind races?
crpower
Tester

by Diametra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:32 pm

That's what I would do.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by crpower » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:35 pm

This is soo hectic, the person I had as the adviser had to back out so I have to find another person who wouldn't mind, then I have to make promotional posters and a script for the announcements in the morning to get members.
crpower
Tester

by crpower » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Then I get to copy over wow to their flash drives.
crpower
Tester

Next

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius