Picking the Right Class

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Picking the Right Class

by eatfood » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:42 pm

I've played Wow in most of it's expansions but for vanilla I was a little stumped when it came to picking a class. I want to play something that is effective in both pve and pvp, but also isn't super over populated. I was thinking rogue, but it looks like there are already plenty of them. So what class should I choose?
*Note: I'm fine with healing raids, but being useful in pvp would be cool too.
eatfood
Tester

Re: Picking the Right Class

by Kryp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 am

Honestly; Whatever you desire to do.

There's always guilds looking for people, and if you look in the guild recruitment section then you can get an idea of what people are looking for.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
-Wayne Gretzky.
Kryp
Grunt
Grunt

by riq and snog » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:03 am

Roll a warlock
Usefull in pve
Funny in pvp
Good solo grind
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by potcorn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:17 am

What Kryp said.

I'd say "roll lock for the free mount, great DPS, and mad PVP trolling skillz" but it really doesn't matter if you can't play one that well. Find something you're realllly good at, and play that.
potcorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

by VicMountain » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:48 am

Warlock is the least played class on alliance side, atleast somewhere on the bottom next too druids.
If you want a fun, good class for both PVE and PVP I would recommend Warlock for sure!
+ "free" lvl 40 mount :D
VicMountain
Tester

by Unsu » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 pm

I'd go with priest. They aren't as populated as rogue is, get really strong in PvP when shadow specced, have one the most fun spells in the game (mind control, jumping enemies off a cliff/bridge etc), and are always wanted in PvE as well (esp dwarf priest).
Unsu
Tester

by Flaat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:31 am

Id say druid, only hybrid that can actually function as one in vanilla. Good in pvp and pve but requires some skill to really master. Also one of the least played classes. Also in wpvp you can survive allot with the very handy "run away" skill travel form :p

Warlock is hard pve becuase of debuff slots so limited to x per raid
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius