Am I going to be yelled at for picking bad classes/specs?

Game configuration tutorials, addons and macros.

Re: Am I going to be yelled at for picking bad classes/specs

by Desolace » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh god i feel like in early alpha game. I want to play pvp/pve, whole content cuz i never played Vanilla. I don't like to play as heal or magic dps, i reached level 20 as my paladin and now i hear that paladin tank is bad, dps is bad, priest shadow is bad, druid dps and tank is bad, shamans enh are bad, it's a joke or what? I played as tank/dps/heal on tbc and everything was fine.

I think there is no sense to play prot pala to tank only 5 man, cuz what next? Respec and farm different items? No thanks. What should i do now, if no one will pick me for raids as ret or prot pala? I don't know what think about that, really. I could delete my pala and start from beginning picking warrior but i don't enjoy this class much tbh. Please any tips cuz i'm really confused now.
Desolace
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shiggs13 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Desolace wrote:Oh god i feel like in early alpha game. I want to play pvp/pve, whole content cuz i never played Vanilla. I don't like to play as heal or magic dps, i reached level 20 as my paladin and now i hear that paladin tank is bad, dps is bad, priest shadow is bad, druid dps and tank is bad, shamans enh are bad, it's a joke or what? I played as tank/dps/heal on tbc and everything was fine.

I think there is no sense to play prot pala to tank only 5 man, cuz what next? Respec and farm different items? No thanks. What should i do now, if no one will pick me for raids as ret or prot pala? I don't know what think about that, really. I could delete my pala and start from beginning picking warrior but i don't enjoy this class much tbh. Please any tips cuz i'm really confused now.

Welcome to vanilla wow, where class balance didn't exist.
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gerbodis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm

I played paladin in Vanilla. All the way through Naxx. You really will not get a lot of invites if you play ret. I played ret for pvp but man you just don't want to to do it. It is RNG based and it is not fun. In terms of raiding..I did probably 50 molten cores, 30 BWLs, tons of AQ40/20 and Naxx. Not in a single raid (out of 40 players) did we ever have a ret paladin. You are basically useless to the raid. Part of this is because ret dps is very very low and holy paladins are one of the best vanilla healers. So people see you as a paladin and instantly want to question why you are playing the worst spec as opposed the best spec.

If you really want to play Shadow Priest make sure you play a dwarf. Dwarf priests get fear ward and that was the number one most wanted aspect of any raid back in the day.
gerbodis
Private
Private

by gerbodis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Desolace wrote:don't know what think about that, really. I could delete my pala and start from beginning picking warrior but i don't enjoy this class much tbh. Please any tips cuz i'm really confused now.

As I said in my post above I spent years in vanilla playing Paladin. I pvp'd with Ret and the frustration was unbearable. I loved the class but you just wont have fun in high competition pvp/pve. I remember back in the day there was a website called paladinsucks.com which was a blog designated post information to and from blizzard about trying to get paladins buffed. I would spend hours on that blog each week waiting to see if there was any news from blizzard lol, it never came for Vanilla. I really look back at that time and think of how shitty it was haha.

If you want to go through go ahead but leveling to 60 is no joke.
gerbodis
Private
Private

by norm964bgb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:01 am

General idea to pick from classes in terms of min/maxing
PvE:
warrior: fury/prot
paladin: holy
rogue: combatdaggers/swords; depends on available weapons, from BWL upwards swords is the way to go
hunter: marksman
mage: frost in MC/BWL, later fire
priest: holy/disc healing spec; spriest can be helpul to WLs so its one of the few hybrids which are viable but only one per raid so
shaman: resto
WL: im not quite sure; i'd say destructio ndue to 8debuff limit so affliction suffers

PvP:
warrior: Arms
paladin: holy still recommended; it's just OP with a warrior. you will wreck faces
rogue: subletly
hunter: can use different specs but mostly BM/MM mixture
mage: frost is the one for lowlvling but fire can deal some serious damage with good gear (+crit is important)
priest: shadow/heal
shaman: all three are viable
WL: all three are playable

keep in mind that hybrids most often lack mana therefore you need to farm a shitload of consumables to keep mana up and you have to defend your raidslot with teeth and claws because there will be only one spriest at max per raid.
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Desolace » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks for nice reply guys. Ret paladin was always my favourite class/spec i played mostly pvp on tbc/wotlk/cata. I'll never forgot my first prot tanking on TBC, first kara, grull raids.. I really miss these times, I'm 100% fan of TBC cuz imo TBC is not much changed like wotlk++ but is polished compared with incomplited Vanilla.

Reckoning paladin in pvp is bad too? One guy told my that paladins are one of the best class in alliance side in pvp, lol.

It's really sad cuz we have now only few classes/specs available if you think about serious playing. Only one tanking class, looks not good. So.. if not paladin I'm forced to pick warrior.. I could play druid but i heard dps suck, tank suck and resto suck.. ;d Vanilla is very funny. So.. any tips for warrior leveling? I want to do mainly dungs as tank and also solo quests. I heard leveling in prot is so slow and boring, what spec than should i go to be able to tank without problems and be stronger in solo lvling?
Desolace
Sergeant
Sergeant

by norm964bgb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Desolace wrote:Thanks for nice reply guys. Ret paladin was always my favourite class/spec i played mostly pvp on tbc/wotlk/cata. I'll never forgot my first prot tanking on TBC, first kara, grull raids.. I really miss these times, I'm 100% fan of TBC cuz imo TBC is not much changed like wotlk++ but is polished compared with incomplited Vanilla.

Reckoning paladin in pvp is bad too? One guy told my that paladins are one of the best class in alliance side in pvp, lol.

It's really sad cuz we have now only few classes/specs available if you think about serious playing. Only one tanking class, looks not good. So.. if not paladin I'm forced to pick warrior.. I could play druid but i heard dps suck, tank suck and resto suck.. ;d Vanilla is very funny. So.. any tips for warrior leveling? I want to do mainly dungs as tank and also solo quests. I heard leveling in prot is so slow and boring, what spec than should i go to be able to tank without problems and be stronger in solo lvling?

Reckbombing is more of a trollthing at lower lvls.
But paladins ARE kinda OP as heals and support for warriors. with freedom and permadispell warriors get so scary.
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Desolace wrote:It's really sad cuz we have now only few classes/specs available if you think about serious playing. Only one tanking class, looks not good. So.. if not paladin I'm forced to pick warrior.. I could play druid but i heard dps suck, tank suck and resto suck.. ;d Vanilla is very funny. So.. any tips for warrior leveling? I want to do mainly dungs as tank and also solo quests. I heard leveling in prot is so slow and boring, what spec than should i go to be able to tank without problems and be stronger in solo lvling?

Druip DPS doesn't suck in cat form. A good rogue will out-damage a good cat because T1/T2 gear scales better for rogues than it does for druids but the difference isn't massive. Certainly, a raiding guild that is all about min/max and efficiency will not allow any in but not all raids are like that. Plus, some guilds will have one feral druid that swaps between bear-tanking and cat-dps. Bear tank is certainly more viable than prot pala, so dunno who has been feeding you lies about it. Resto druid is also a powerful healer, so most druids end up being healers in raids.

You don't need to be prot-warrior to tank 5-mans.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by potcorn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Garfunkel wrote:Ret paladins deal good enough DPS during the leveling process but their damage output is not high enough to justify bringing them along in raids and as they don't have the versatility of druids, they are doomed to be only healers..
Obligatory (1.12):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXNWvytYbyo

As for OP, why do you care? Play what you want, and be a baws at it.
potcorn
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Desolace » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:21 pm

I don't know how it works on vanilla but he's probably good geared. No one would pick him for raid in starting gear cuz he would be probably last in dps. I think you cannot do enough dps using only judgement and seal at least untill you're well geared.

I don't want to deal with players everytime, say to them and try to explain and beg them to let me join cuz.. bla bla.. Even if i get 60 as ret paladin, finding group will be extremely difficult, but even if i'll find, probably i'll do shitty dps before i get best gear. So no one will inv me next time. Idk just guessing, vanilla is really strange, i hope they'll open tbc realm asap..
Desolace
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Getting started on Nostalrius