Leveling a warrior

Leveling a warrior

by Judvar » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 pm

Hello,
Because i've never played a warrior and I have no idea how to play this class I wanted to ask a few questions regarding leveling (i want to roll a warrior tank on the new PvE server)
- Is mining/blacksmithing a good option?
- Can you tank low lvl dungeons while speccing fury/arms?
- What build should i get?
- Is it really that painful to level a warrior?
Thanks in advance :D
Sofeoras - Night Elf Warrior (PvE realm)
Judvar
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Leveling a warrior

by flowison » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Judvar wrote:Hello,
Because i've never played a warrior and I have no idea how to play this class I wanted to ask a few questions regarding leveling (i want to roll a warrior tank on the new PvE server)

hello!
please read the sticky guides, they answere you all of your questions!

Judvar wrote:- Is mining/blacksmithing a good option?

yes

Judvar wrote:- Can you tank low lvl dungeons while speccing fury/arms?

yes

Judvar wrote:- What build should i get?

2h fury while leveling

Judvar wrote:- Is it really that painful to level a warrior?

hard, not painful i guess

Judvar wrote:Thanks in advance :D

you are welcome
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Warrior leveling is only painful from level 8-15 or so. If you can get to level 20 without ragequitting the class, you'll be fine. Also, you'll want to ALWAYS be fighting mobs that are equal level or lower. If you try to fight mobs that are 2-4 levels higher than you, you're going to have a bad time.

Yes, go 2-handed fury; it's much better than Arms for soloing. At 40, you can respec Arms for Mortal Strike, but Fury is still better IIRC.

Always use blue weapons, and keep them updated every 5-6 levels. For example:

Searing Blade(18) -> Gizmotron Megachopper(24) -> Whirlwind Axe(30)

And the axe will last you until 40-42 or so, and from there you've got a lot of weapon choices to go from; like the SM quest axe, or Executioner's Cleaver, or Rockpounder, until you can get Ice Barbed Spear at 51, which will last you to 60.

From 20-30, you can also dual-wield. Yeah, yeah, people will say "no, don't dual wield, the miss chance is too high", but I leveled 22-30 with dual-wield and was just fine. Yeah, there were frequent misses, but when you're attacking that quickly with two weapons, misses don't feel as bad as they do with 2-handers. I compared a level 21 2h and level 21/24 dual wield, and found them to be roughly the same killing speed.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heldunder » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:05 pm

while 2h fury is "better" due to miss rate, i honestly just DW because i dont like to level 2 types of weapon skills. lol DW just seems better for me.

Ive leveled warriors arms, fury, 2h fury, dw/2h fury is just so much better, even up to 60. arms is really only good for pvp
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JeeTee » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:24 pm

First warrior?

Just try things out, see what you like, don't worry about what people say is best. Enjoy the experience of learning the class's strengths and weaknesses.

That being said, I personally like arms to level. I would also level mining&skinning for max gold.(if first toon)

It's by far the most engaging/rewarding class, if you make it to level 30 you will be hooked.
JeeTee
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Amelissan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:35 pm

I really think that warrior leveling is overrated. I leveled one , not to the cap but lived through the hardest phase.

It all boils down to one question; Are you a cheap bastard?

If not buy uncommon wep. every 2-3 levels or rares 4-5, hell, prolly you wont even need to buy any since any instance will be granted to you as long as you are ok with tanking. ( Seriously you will get invites faster than writing 'Tank Lf..')

So, you can think of your warrior as a dog, as long as you show your love to it you'll have a best friend and a guard alongside, if you ignore and abuse it, it will bite the shit out of your ass.

Simple as that.

Still i think warrior would be the most fun class to play.....

....if there weren't 43259345 other warriors running around.
Amelissan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Amelissan wrote:( Seriously you will get invites faster than writing 'Tank Lf..')

Hell, I get people cold-whispering me asking me to tank instances. :lol:
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Oyani » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Personally, i'll be levelling my alt warrior which is finally level 12. Specced as prot and by only looking if anyone is looking for a tank for dungeons of my warriors' level when i am bored on my main. Kek.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heldunder » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:39 pm

JeeTee wrote:First warrior?

Just try things out, see what you like, don't worry about what people say is best. Enjoy the experience of learning the class's strengths and weaknesses.

That being said, I personally like arms to level. I would also level mining&skinning for max gold.(if first toon)

It's by far the most engaging/rewarding class, if you make it to level 30 you will be hooked.

i mean, you're not 100% wrong, but if someone is reading this, they want to know what the BEST way to do it. like, some people like cheap burgers, but if you know how to get a good steak for the same price, why waste your money?
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Warrior