Warrior Bug Complilation ( videos included )

Re: Warrior Bug Complilation ( videos included )

by Dr. Doom » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:16 am

OP hasn't been edited for over a month now, I guess no new fixes have been made?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Iskatu » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:54 am

bump and some things to add / edit:

1. You can add one major bug to the list which is flurry: Currently the last charge is being consumed regardless whether the upcoming auto attack is a critical or a normal swing, which greatly reduces the flurry uptime.

- > Instead when its down to one charge left, any critical strike, be it from a normal or special attack, should renew flurry with 3 stacks.

2. Attacks triggered from Retaliation that get dodged do not trigger Overpower currently

3. Some objections concerning the sweeping strikes topic:

This is how currently the sweeping strikes damage is being calculated on nostalrius:

Player hits A with a random attack.
Player hits B with sweeping strikes as if it was a normal auto attack with its own chance to crit/get dodged/get parried/get blocked.

This is how it should work instead:

Player hits A with a random attack.
Player hits B with (base_damage_of_random_attack * armor_multiplier * damage_multipliers)

The important part is that it copies the base damage: It includes damage multipliers and excludes armor mitigation

Some examples to visualize the matter:
note: here's to formula of how to calculate mitigation from armor vs. level 60s
DamageReduction = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * (AttackerLevel + 4.5 * (AttackerLevel - 60)))

1. A is level 60 has 0 armor, B is level 60, has 0 armor, player has 5/5 in 2h weapon specialization thus having a 5% damage multiplier:

- Player hits A with Mortal Strike for 630 (base damage of 600 * 1.05 damage multiplier)
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 630 {or 600 * 1.05} * 1.0 * 1.05 = 662 (the quintessence of sweeping strikes and damage multipliers - https://hilbert.wordpress.com/sweeping-strikes-guide/)

2. A is level 60, has 2000 armor, B is level 60, has 3000 armor, player has 0/5 in 2h weapon specc, thus 0% damage increase:

- Player crits A with an auto attack for 733 (1000 base damage, 2000 armor mitigation = 1000 * 0.733 = 733)
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 1000 * 0.647 * 1.0 = 647

Why 1000 * 0.647?

--> The damage mitigation is applied to the base damage of 1000 and not on the copied damage of 733, which has already been mitigated by 2000 armor. This is the main difference opposed to the calculation of damage multipliers.

3. Lets take (2.) and switch targets this time. According to https://hilbert.wordpress.com/sweeping-strikes-guide/ the absolute damage outcome must be the same:

- Player crits B with an auto attack for 647 (1000 base damage, 3000 armor mitigation = 1000 * 0.647 = 647)
- Player hits A with sweeping strikes for 1000 * 0.733 * 1.0 = 733

--> The outcome is the same, the calculative approach is correct

4. A is lvl 60 and has 5000 armor, B is 60 and has 600 armor, player has 5/5 2h weapon specc, enrage and berserking up thus an 60% damage increase:

- Player crits A with hamstring for 42 (base damage of 50, 5000 armor mitigation and 60% damage multiplier = 50 * 0.524 * 1.6 = 41.9)
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for (50 * 1.6) * 0.901 * 1.6 = 115

Important: On player B the damage multipliers effectively are taken into account twice, because the base damage * dmg multiplier from A is copied to the calculation of the sweeping strikes damage as shown in case (1.)

5. A is lvl 60 and has 1000 armor, B is lvl 60 and has 5500 armor, player has 5/5 2h weapon specc, enrage and berserking up thus an 60% damage increase:

- Player crits A with overpower for 1354 (1000 base damage * 0.846 armor mitigation * 1.6 dmg multiplier = 1354
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for (1000 * 1.6 ) * 0.5 * 1.6 = 1280

note:the base damage is completely made up for the simplicity, in reality you have take the weapon and stats into account as well of course

Sadly I've reported sweeping strikes on the bug tracker right after the latter has been released and it is still labeled as "new" (https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=485). I'd be grateful if at least attempts are being made to fix this, hell even notifications that it's on a to do list or something.

Edit: Minor mistakes in the calculation
Iskato - Dreamstate
Iskatu
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Iskatu wrote:Reported bugs]

That is a pretty nice list.
I am a protection warrior so Flurry or Sweeping Strikes are not things I get to use to check. It really shows you took the time to research the spell.

Just one quick question, how is Sweeping Strikes working right now, as opposed to how it should be? If it should be, base damage on target A, with armor reduction, and damage multipliers added on top of that value, how is it currently functioning in Nostalrius? The base damage is being taken as the effective damage done on target A, and then the reduction/multipliers are added?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Iskatu » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:39 pm

1. Currently the damage multipliers are only taken into account once when copying the damage from the initial hit / target A

Gonna make another example to illustrate how it works on Nost currently:

Take we have 5/5 in 2h weapon specc and enrage up, i.e. 30% damage multiplier, and disregard armor on A and B for this example (since its working fine anyway)

- Player hits A with an auto attack for 650 (base damage of 500 * 1.30 damage multiplier)
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 650

whereas it should be

- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 845 [(500 * 1.30) * 1.30]

2. Another thing is that currently the base damage to calculate the overall damage for sweeping strikes on the off target is always a normal weapon swing, regardless if you hit your main target with a mortal strike, hamstring or pummel. Additionally if you crit on your main target, the base damage is always a normal hit on the off target as well (due to the fact that it falsely has its own chance to crit, hit, be dodged/parried etc... Something I forgot to mention explicitly in my first post too)

Another example:

A and B have 0 Armor, Player has 0% damage multipliers on:

- Player hits A with Mortal Strike for 660 (base damage of a weapon swing + the 160 of Mortal Strike)
- Player hits B with Sweeping Strikes for 500 (the base damage of a normal weapon swing)

whereas it should be:

- Player hits B with Sweeping Strikes for 660

An example to illustrate the crit bug:

- Player crits A with an auto attack for 1000
- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 500 (if you disregard the impale bonus of crits to simplify it)

wheras it should be

- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 1000

Or vice versa:

- Player hits A with an auto attack for 500
- Player crits B with sweeping strikes for 1000

wheras it should be:

- Player hits B with sweeping strikes for 500

Aaand yea of course, sweeping strikes should never get parried/blocked/dodged, but I guess that's self-explanatory
Iskato - Dreamstate
Iskatu
Private
Private

by Solveig » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:33 am

This isn't necessarily a bug but is Mortal Strike supposed to calculate from the Melee damage range +160 or literally from the equipped weapons range +160?

IE If I had Bonereavers Edge equipped the damage range is 206 - 310 so average weapon damage would be 258.

Whereas with 808 attack power (using my characters stats) you would have a melee damage range of 422 - 532, so an average of 477.

With battle shout added to the above you have 1049 AP and a range of 483 - 593 damage and an average of 538.

This means calcs would be as follows;
Weapon: 258 + 160 = 418 average
Character damage range: 477 + 160 = 637 average
Character damage range (+Battle Shout): 538 + 160 = 698

From the above we can see that if it's purely based on weapon damage, you're severely gimped in damage, especially when adding additional AP buffs like Battle Shout to the equation.

My understanding was that in Vanilla, the calculation was based off of character damage range by rolling a white hit (Standard attack damage) then adding the 160 and progressing through to damage reduction calculations. Unfortunately this does not appear to be what happens on Nostalrius as you will get the same Mortal Strike hits regardless of what your AP is listed as, and changes only when you change your weapon around.

Is this how it's supposed to work?
Solveig
Tester

Previous

Return to Warrior