Leveling as prot?

Leveling as prot?

by Jasinius » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Is prot levelling viable? Just recently came onto this server as the earliest I've ever played WoW was the release of WotLK, so I'm interested to play from the start. Just came onto the PvE realm and I'm planning on tanking in raids, but I'm unsure on how to go about leveling. Would like some tips!

Cheers.
Jasinius
Tester

Re: Leveling as prot?

by Heldunder » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm

it really isnt, even swoard and board fury is faster. your best bet is to level 2h fury and keep a prot set with you for tanking and at 60 swap to prot.

i mean... unless you have an extra 20 days played time to level him up. :)
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Jasinius wrote:Is prot levelling viable? Just recently came onto this server as the earliest I've ever played WoW was the release of WotLK, so I'm interested to play from the start. Just came onto the PvE realm and I'm planning on tanking in raids, but I'm unsure on how to go about leveling. Would like some tips!

Cheers.

Leveling warrior is hard as it is. Leveling as prot is absolute HELL. (I have tried).
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Vanill » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:26 am

Leveling as prot is not advised. I personally prefer 2h fury any other spec. Then at 60 either respec immediately gear, or get some starter as dps.
Vanill
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:33 am

As prot the imp revenge allows you to quest higher level.mobs, and use less bandages/food.

I have leveled this way, and it sucks. Stay to mobs 2-4 levels below you and go fury /arms.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warrior